FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Nice smallies  (Read 1066 times)

fireplug

• I fish, therefore I lie
Nice smallies
« on: Apr 26, 2007, 02:14 PM »
Went Trout fishing this morning. All the right equipment, except still no boat. Ended up catching 3 nice smallmouth bass, which (of course) were not in season!! :-\  Biggest one broke my 6# fluorocarbon leader as I (DUMB@$$ that I am) tried to lift it onto shore (left the net in the car) Other two were really nice, this was the better picture of the two I placed hands on.

Time not spent outdoors is wasted time.....

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
Re: Nice smallies
« Reply #1 on: Apr 26, 2007, 02:18 PM »
Great job, those smallies are always good fighters. I like their deep brown patterns.

Fishing is life

MIRC!

fireplug

« Reply #2 on: Apr 26, 2007, 02:24 PM »
Great job, those smallies are always good fighters. I like their deep brown patterns.
The big one broke my heart. I just wanted a picture of it, the leader snapped, and it sat in 1 foot of water only 3 feet below me almost long enough for me to decide that I could probably jump, land on the log and not sink in too far as I grabbed it. At least I saw that it was hooked good in the upper lip, I'm pretty sure it will be o.k.; I'd probably be sick to my stomach if it were gut-hooked and broke off. It really was a beauty.

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 26, 2007, 02:28 PM »
The big one broke my heart. I just wanted a picture of it, the leader snapped, and it sat in 1 foot of water only 3 feet below me almost long enough for me to decide that I could probably jump, land on the log and not sink in too far as I grabbed it. At least I saw that it was hooked good in the upper lip, I'm pretty sure it will be o.k.; I'd probably be sick to my stomach if it were gut-hooked and broke off. It really was a beauty.

Its alright if one gets hurt every once in a while. Im sure it will be fine if it was hooked in the lips. That always seems to happen with the nice fish when they break your line, they just sit there in the water in front of you. I lost my personal best trout right near shore, estimated to be 23-26". Once he broke off he drifted behind a log and held right behind it about 5 feet out infront of me. I threw everything but the kitchen sink at him and could not rehook him.

Fishing is life

MIRC!

fireplug

« Reply #4 on: Apr 26, 2007, 02:36 PM »
Photoshopped the second picture to be able to see it. This was the last one. I moved my location after this as it is Artificial Lures Only, Catch and Release for bass until June here in NY and I didn't need to be accused of targeting them, since I really was trying to catch some dinner trout.

perch-man

« Reply #5 on: Apr 26, 2007, 02:50 PM »
Great looking smallie nice to see leaves on trees. Thanks for photo

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.