FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: MFF's first cyber gourmet meal...  (Read 9184 times)

Cider

MFF's first cyber gourmet meal...
« on: May 02, 2004, 05:51 PM »
Well Grump, here are three of the main ingredients for our gourmet dinner...

First, the wine served chilled...

Next, the main dish 20" landlock salmon (kept from yesterday) poached or baked...

Side dish number one fiddleheads steamed and served in balsamic vinegar (picked fresh today; over 9 lbs)...

Does this make Grumpymoe a Happymoe??!?!??!!!  ;D  Now you come up with the morels to add to the meal!  ;D

grumpymoe

Re: MFF's first cyber gourmet meal...
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2004, 06:42 PM »
cider cybermeal delayed due to inclement weather.....spots of snow still in prime morel picking spots as of this morning....thumped around and scared off a few nice whitetails who were having breakfast....skiff of ice on the frog ponds....still happily chirping away...looks like next weekend....if....we have a little heat this week...conditions are prime for a great morel spring season.....going to check it out late this week or weekend....cyber meal is going to be great as long as that 20" salmon doesn't get devoured prematurely.....grump 8)

Cider

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2004, 07:37 PM »
cyber meal is going to be great as long as that 20" salmon doesn't get devoured prematurely.....grump 8)

Well, we will just have to catch a few more salmon/trout so that all the members can get healthy bite!!

Maybe we could serve up a grandslam: brookie, rainbow, brown, laker, landlock, cutthroat (requires help from Colorado members).  Any others you want on the menu?  I have some brookies and a laker or two that I can toss on the pile!  ;D

vancouvercanuck

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2004, 12:31 PM »
Little port for dessert?

"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

Cider

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2004, 12:57 PM »
Port for dessert with a Romeo y Julieta Cedros Deluxe No. 1!!  Nice.  8)

We still need a few more casseroles and perhaps some bread.  Anyone want to do the appetizer?

grumpymoe

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2004, 03:31 PM »
cider!!!! how could we forget one of the original part of the cyber meal....a bed of wild rice....which could also be morel mushroom fried wild rice.....we've already drooled about the morel cream sauce to compliment the salmon/trout and fresh fiddleheads........gawd.....getting one heck of an appetite just thinking and looking........grump

vancouvercanuck

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2004, 04:21 PM »
I''ll bring the port and the cheesecake.

"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2004, 04:48 PM »

cutthroat (requires help from Colorado members).  A

sorry, I never keep cutthroat, in many places it is illegal and in the places you can I never go because the fish are too small. But maybe raleigh can help you with that...

grumpymoe

« Reply #8 on: Jun 22, 2004, 04:49 PM »
hey cider....i hate to dump this on your lap....i can't complete the meal from my end...but hopefully you will be able to shortly.....grump 8)

Cider

« Reply #9 on: Jun 22, 2004, 05:22 PM »
hey cider....i hate to dump this on your lap....i can't complete the meal from my end...but hopefully you will be able to shortly.....grump 8)

You will need to share some culinary secrets of the great morel with me first!  Then I will top off this awesome meal!  My folks are coming for a visit this weekend.  I have a landlock salmon waiting to accompany some creamed morel sauce!

How about your favorite poached fish recipe too??  ;D

Cider

« Reply #10 on: Jun 26, 2004, 10:52 PM »
Oh my!  Stay tuned grump... pics to follow shortly....poached salmon, long grain wild rice, Smoking Loon Chardonnay, and creamed morel sensation served up for the folks and in-laws tonight...what a gastronimical delight!  What can I say... creamed morels were more popular than poached landlock salmon??!!!???  ???  ;D  OMG they are out of this world!!  ;D

pics are on the way...

grumpymoe

« Reply #11 on: Jun 27, 2004, 09:38 AM »
glad everyone enjoyed....now i have to get outside and work up and appetite for the pics that will follow....grump :P :P :P

mark mercer

• Team Mercer
« Reply #12 on: Jun 27, 2004, 10:02 PM »
cider are u a chef? just wondering because i go to the culinary institute of america and i just wanted to say that your plates look very good and you seem to know your wines well.

Cider

« Reply #13 on: Jun 27, 2004, 11:00 PM »
cider are u a chef? just wondering because i go to the culinary institute of america and i just wanted to say that your plates look very good and you seem to know your wines well.

No, I am a biologist.  Thank you for the compliment though.  I just enjoy food.  The more complex and rich the flavors, the happier I am!  The real joy is seeing other people pleased by my cooking.  It is a nice feeling knowing that you can create a meal that will light up faces and have people talking for a few days.  I also take immense pride in preparing my fish and game.  To me, it is as important to respect the harvest by a gourmet preparation!  As with anything I am passionate about, I strive to be as good as I can at it.   ;D

grumpymoe

« Reply #14 on: Jun 28, 2004, 06:41 AM »
i'm hungry!!!!! where's the food??? .....grump ::) ::) ::)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.