FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: YIKES.....ITS RAINING!  (Read 4732 times)

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
Re: YIKES.....ITS RAINING!
« Reply #15 on: Jun 21, 2019, 05:26 AM »
58, light wind, more rain coming down.
Bigger isn't always better but Size definitely Matters!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #16 on: Jun 21, 2019, 07:14 AM »
Finally cleared out around 7 this morning.

West winds and cooler temps here. 62 now.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #17 on: Jun 21, 2019, 07:21 AM »
Yup. Gonna feel like fall on the first day of summer.... :P
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #18 on: Jun 21, 2019, 08:19 AM »
Light rain through out most of the night here, let up now. Most of the hay fields around here haven't had the first cutting yet, all gone to seed and a lot knocked down from all the rain. Corn looks to be just sprouted, behind most years for sure.

fishin4eyes

« Reply #19 on: Jun 21, 2019, 09:19 AM »
Rough year for farming. We haven't done any hay yet. Put in 2 acres of sweet corn and a 1/2 acre of pumpkins that are swamped. Not going to be much corn this fall

SeanP

• Formally known as SPN
« Reply #20 on: Jun 21, 2019, 09:25 AM »
It's been raining for 3 months!!!

jperch

« Reply #21 on: Jun 21, 2019, 09:49 AM »
Rough year for farming. We haven't done any hay yet. Put in 2 acres of sweet corn and a 1/2 acre of pumpkins that are swamped. Not going to be much corn this fall
We rent 60 acres to a local farmer for corn or soybeans.  Apparently he won't be able to plant this year.  We had a reported 4 inches of rain yesterday in the town of Oswego yesterday.  There was damage to local roads and according to the DEC a local dam at Rice Creek was overflowing and suspect.  Some local residents were evacuated but allowed to return this morning.  What a weird year.

fishin4eyes

« Reply #22 on: Jun 21, 2019, 10:21 AM »
I believe it we junked our 110 day seed and bought 80 day. Shouldn't have rolled the dice I guess.

myemmy

« Reply #23 on: Jun 21, 2019, 12:16 PM »
Mohawk River at Freeman’s bridge came up about 3.5 feet no fishing this nice weekend😩

Mac Attack

« Reply #24 on: Jun 21, 2019, 05:10 PM »

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #25 on: Jun 21, 2019, 07:32 PM »
Here's my creek. Normally running about 1.5 -2 ft this time of year.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

taxid

« Reply #26 on: Jun 21, 2019, 08:28 PM »
One my way back from Maine to Indiana I saw lots of high rivers the color of mud from PA to Indiana. But it's not limited to those states. Other states here in the midwest are also experiencing exceptionally high amounts of rain to the point where farmers aren't getting into the fields soon enough to plant. Check out the following picture comparisons with this time last year when you can't get your crops planted because your fields are too wet! Farmers are in deep trouble and long with China not buying soybeans it could be the coup de grace for many farmers. They're already foreclosing on farms in my area.

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #27 on: Jun 25, 2019, 04:59 AM »
Will this rain ever end? We just got dumped on for the last hour and a half. Was in the middle of my walk about 2 miles from my car and no cover nearby. Got a real " rain shower". Wasn't happy about jumping into my brand new car. But, At least I did have a towel in the back to sit on and it's only rain water.

Glad I mowed yesterday. Yard is flooded yet again.

Rg

mcully

« Reply #28 on: Jun 25, 2019, 05:07 AM »
Finished cutting lawn in the dark after looking at forecast for today. Just looked at radar and it's a big blob of wet.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #29 on: Jun 25, 2019, 05:33 AM »
Just started here.. But should be hot and sunny afternoon..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.