FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: saltwater fishing  (Read 2696 times)

fishfinder2004

saltwater fishing
« on: Mar 28, 2004, 11:13 AM »
 i know most of the guys on this site are upstate but if anyone downstate does any saltwater fishing post it here cause i live in nyc and we do more saltwater fishing then freshwater in the warm weather months. hoping to get out for flounder this week the're starting to bite now.

mrlongbeard1

Re: saltwater fishing
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2004, 05:55 PM »
  Those flounder sound like fun from what I've read over the years. Like to give it a try sometime.

IceBalls

• I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 28, 2004, 11:51 PM »
Fishfinder:
I live in LI (Nassau), keep my boat (25') in Freeport.  Spend most of my summer time on Salt Water.  Been out a couple of times for flounder this year from shore.  Score so far --  1 fish!!!  Water is still too cold...need a week of sunshine to warm it up to 51 Degrees (the magic number for Flounder).

Will get my boat in the water when the Fluke season gets going strong (not enough flounder around to make me start scraping, painting bottom, waxing sides, etc.). 

Keep in touch, maybe we can spend some time on the water together.

IceBalls  (Rodger)

Somers

« Reply #3 on: Mar 29, 2004, 01:01 PM »
I hit the sound in the summer from shore a bunch.  Occasionally rent a skiff in City Island.  I also hit the beach on the south shore a few times a year at Smith point when visiting friends.  fishfinder, my bro lives in NYC on the lower east side.  Ever try the East River for bass and blues?  This is the first year we'll try since he moved.  Looking forward to tossing some bucktails and plastics.

fishfinder2004

« Reply #4 on: Mar 29, 2004, 11:16 PM »
iceballs, it's rob(iceman99) i changed my name for this board. the're starting to pull some flounder over here in jamaica bay back by jfk, we'll probably get out this weekend for the first time this season. somers, i work over on the eastside but never fished over there but i do know a guy who runs a charter boat over there and they get some big bass. i live in queens so we fish jamaica bay and off the south shore of long island and the jersey shore.

IceBalls

• I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 30, 2004, 08:56 AM »
Hi Rob:
Tried the flounder again yesterday near the house.... NO DICE!!
Water still too cold.  I heard Capt. Mike and Angler had only about ten fish on the whole boat over the weekend.  One guy posted a report of 24 Flounder in Raritan, BUT, other guys who went there did practically nothing  (sounds like a fish story to me).
Suggest You, Me and Somers get together this Summer for some ocean time on my boat.
If you go out for Flounder in J-Bay...let me know how you do.

Rodger

Somers

« Reply #6 on: Mar 30, 2004, 09:46 AM »
Keep me posted Iceballs.  Sounds like a plan.

If you guys want, there's some good striper fishing right now and through May in the Hudson.  The fish are getting larger and the herring should be in any day now.  Then the cows show up.  Shore fishing can be effective and there's no shortage of spots.  I love the spring.

fishfinder2004

« Reply #7 on: Apr 03, 2004, 02:41 PM »
flounder action sucked today just one fish. everyone we talk to seems to be just gettin just one or two fish. water just too cold still, need some warm weather fast.

fishyfinger

« Reply #8 on: Apr 04, 2004, 02:44 PM »
I love surfcasting for blues, never been out on the island for them but usually go down to Hatteras in fall, can anyone give a good time and some favorite spots to surf cast, access etc. thanks in advance.

fishfinder2004

« Reply #9 on: Apr 11, 2004, 08:53 AM »
6 flounder with  a couple going to 2 pounds. it gets better everyday with the water temps warming.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.