FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: How Was Your Opening Day Of Trout  (Read 6149 times)

Strike-Zone

How Was Your Opening Day Of Trout
« on: Apr 01, 2004, 01:18 PM »
4:30am, got up an looked outside. Rain and wind, --- this sux.      >:(

Check the temp.  25 degrees(wind chill) ----- now this really sux.   >:(  >:(

Put on a pot of coffee and took a hot shower,----- feeling a little better     :)

Poured a cup and read the morning paper, ----- things are lookin' up    :D

Went up on MFF -----  feeling really better     ;D  ;D ;D

Put on my trout fishin' jams, hopped in bed and caught some Z's ----- maybe next year I'll make it to the stream on opening day!   

Strike - Zone                                   

Never Open a Can of Worms Unless You Plan to go Fishing!

I may do Foolish things but at least I do them with ENTHUSIASM!

SO MANY FISH ------ SO LITTLE TIME

Browntrout08

Re: How Was Your Opening Day Of Trout
« Reply #1 on: Apr 01, 2004, 02:06 PM »
I did alright, came home with 4 browns, a couple of 11's, a 13 and one pushin 15 inches.  Today I tried a new creek and I'm glad I did.  I found out last week that they don't stock this stream anymore, so maybe I'll keep a couple of more this year and thats it.  I don't like to keep too many wild fish.

oakorchardfishking

• "Another satisfied WNY union member."
« Reply #2 on: Apr 01, 2004, 03:03 PM »
cruised by SPRING CREEK in BYRON on the way home from the ponds, kind of a small creek but its nice and they stock 300 fish there every year! we didnt fish but while we were there a buy caught a nice 16 1/2" brownie!
in about a week we are gonna hit the oatka trail, hopefully i will have some nice pics to post! see ya then... ;)

devil-man

« Reply #3 on: Apr 01, 2004, 06:13 PM »
As predicted, my fishing buddy backed out. I still went, and even though I didn't catch anything, stalking the banks of a high quality stream is a reward in itself.

kodiak73

« Reply #4 on: Apr 01, 2004, 06:23 PM »
what do u mean it was cold and rainy out ..didnt notice was to busy realling them in came home with my limit and my buddies limit nothing under 14" had to of caught at least 40 brown trout myself it was non stop action all day .....was using wax worms, night crawlers, red worms,salted minnows, silver spinner and gold spinner ....depending on the stream .....  cant wait for tomorrow so i can  bring home another days limit...kodiak73

Uglystick16

« Reply #5 on: Apr 01, 2004, 06:45 PM »
Rain held off till the afternoon I had a limit by 6:45am ;D, Headed to Naples Saturday

MickeyFinn

• 25" ADK Leaper
« Reply #6 on: Apr 01, 2004, 07:00 PM »
My very first cast this morning got me a 19 inch brown, not one bite the rest of the day :(.. I swear a fish on the first cast is always a curse...
We were biting this morning, we were biting this morning, we were biting this morning......

perchslayer25

« Reply #7 on: Apr 01, 2004, 08:32 PM »
Well i was all exited me and my dad went out this morning about 4:30 and walked a crick.....well i had it all planned to miss school...but i had my limit by 7:00 so pops made me go to school...boy i was loving my study halls...cause sleep was what i got from them...nuthing under 11" but a lot of little ones i let go..boy i love trout fishing...but the water were high..but ill be back in the morning..
If your electronics don't say MarCum then you're already too far behind me to catch up!

kappy

« Reply #8 on: Apr 01, 2004, 08:38 PM »
I agree with you on that one Mickey   when you get a fish right away  its like bad luck the rest of the day.. at least you got something.. looks like a big wash out tomorrow pouring here now in greece..

reubenpa

« Reply #9 on: Apr 01, 2004, 09:11 PM »
It stunk. I was at naples and saw some nice ones caught (20 inches +/-)  I only got one bow 12.5 inches or so. nice fish, but not big enough got 2 perch in the west river about 1 pm
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

Utes

« Reply #10 on: Apr 01, 2004, 09:26 PM »
Did'nt make it out myself but fish4fun got his limit at a pond they stock in town.Here fishy-fishy. Another friend got 4 nice ones at the beach on Rushford. Not one under 13'', with the biggest being 18''.

Mentiply

• Crow Point, Lake George
« Reply #11 on: Apr 02, 2004, 08:35 AM »
Does anyone know where I can find a list of streams and ponds that shows where DEC stocks trout?

walleye_1

« Reply #12 on: Apr 02, 2004, 09:16 AM »
What is the limit on trout these days? I never keep any so I don't pay much attention. Just curious...

oakorchardfishking

• "Another satisfied WNY union member."
« Reply #13 on: Apr 02, 2004, 09:50 AM »
mentiplay....
the DEC website was not updated for the spring release this year. it still shows spring of 2003, although it doesnt really matter as they pretty much dont change from year to year. to get a list, i called a DEC branch office in alleghany and they sent it out to me! you can do that at any branch office, they will mail it out to you usually the same day you call! i can tell you though, that all creeks were stocked successfully with the exception of one place being in batavia, ny... they stock what is called DeWitt ponds, locals call it the sand wash. that is being stocked this coming week because it was still ice covered when they went to stock it!

scottcny

« Reply #14 on: Apr 02, 2004, 09:59 AM »
oak--

Can yo ueloaborate more on this " Dewitt ponds"? never heard of it. Did they stock Grenn lakes yet? With this nasty weather keeping the boat in the garage, I may throw a few spinners over at Green lakes tomorrow, small fish but lots of fun on a long, light rod and 4lb test.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.