FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: How Was Your Opening Day Of Trout  (Read 6150 times)

oakorchardfishking

• "Another satisfied WNY union member."
Re: How Was Your Opening Day Of Trout
« Reply #15 on: Apr 02, 2004, 10:17 AM »
scottcny....
not familiar with green lakes! never heard of it! i looked on the list i got but its not on there. since i called the alleghany office for the info, i think i only got a partial list. my list covers all of allegheny county, cattaraugus county, chautauqua county, erie county, niagra county and wyoming county! so i cant really help ya on that one!
as for DeWitt ponds, they are right here in batavia,ny. the entrance and parking to the park is on cedar st. which runs between main st.(rt5) and ellicott st. (rt63) is on the other end! if your on (rt 63) in batavia, look for o-at-ka milk plant and you will find cedar street, if you are on (rt 5) in batavia look for KFC and cedar street is kind of right across from it at the signal! you cant miss the park, there is a big parking lot to park in then trails that lead back to 3 different ponds! im not sure if they split the stocking between all three ponds but i know they stock the main one, which is the first one you will see. it has everything in it and they ice fish it too, all though i never have!
i just read about the delayed stocking of it in last nights local paper, said it was still covered pretty thick with ice, but with the rain they should be able to complete it this coming week some time! its a great place to fish either with natural bait, spinners or flies and a safe place to bring kids as well!
hope this helped ya!   PEACE

perchslayer25

« Reply #16 on: Apr 02, 2004, 02:23 PM »
Does anyone know when they stock the cricks in williamstown...or does anyone know what county williamstown is..?
If your electronics don't say MarCum then you're already too far behind me to catch up!

capt hookem

« Reply #17 on: Apr 02, 2004, 08:40 PM »
http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/dfwmr/fish/stokintr.html
click the link above for  the 2004 list for trout stocking in NYS ..........Williamstown is in oswego county The west branch of fish creek runs thru this town and they will be stocking 1280 browns sometime in April

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #18 on: Apr 02, 2004, 09:27 PM »
thanks capt. for putting that up there! at the time i wanted the list it wasnt updated yet!(about  3 weeks ago) now that its all done they got it up! thats cool! thanks

Jdawg67

« Reply #19 on: Apr 05, 2004, 01:26 PM »
Not a bad weekend.  Friday got 7 browns and a nice Bow on Clear.  All released.   Fished brook trout and Wis coy Suturday  8 browns.  Not too shabby.  We'll be heading to the Genny or Canasaraga (SP) next Saturday.

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #20 on: Apr 05, 2004, 01:57 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;Di was great caught several browns kept 2  holdovers you know stocked
trout have a 3year life.know your fish.
good luck
 ;D ;D ;D
bob
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #21 on: Apr 05, 2004, 02:11 PM »
today was good, caught 2 brookies and let my son reel them in. As I was fishin I would look over my shoulder to see what he was doing and 1 time I saw them on all fours with him hands over in the creek trying to get up, had to grab the back of jacket and set him down on the rock there :'(, not a happy camper, dried hands and put gloves on  :D made it all better.  ;D then fish on.  :D feeling much better. dried tears and back to playing and climbing on the trees and bank.
Whew, that was a close call, last year he fell completely in the creek, that really sucked :'(
Stay dry out there and always have extra clothes.
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #22 on: Apr 05, 2004, 02:33 PM »
hey camo... i think somewhere in the reg. book it states that you can not use kids as bait!...lol just kidding!  always good to take a kid fishing, whether they are a handful or not!

FarginIcehole

« Reply #23 on: Apr 05, 2004, 03:02 PM »
please please please!!!!! if you have any trout fishing questions or need a good recipe go to www.lakeontario.org. sign in as a guest and ask for tips recipes or the quickest way to humanely dispatch a trout.these guys are full of knowledge and love helping out a guest.  Fargin

Back_Slider

« Reply #24 on: Apr 05, 2004, 06:15 PM »
Fargin speaks the truth. They know everything. There's no other site like that one.

oakorchardfishking

« Reply #25 on: Apr 05, 2004, 07:05 PM »
definitely a great site, i have been a member ther for as long as i have with the shanty!

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #26 on: Apr 06, 2004, 03:50 PM »
Went out again today and we all stayed dry,  :D finally had a trip to the creeks with my son and kept him out of the water. Met my brother on the creek, we kept 3 browns and 2 brookies, and released several smaller browns. All in all hard work on the creek bank paid off, better than work any day, yea my brother played hooky from work today to trout fish, go figure.
Fish on!
Stay dry!
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

oldwolf

« Reply #27 on: Apr 07, 2004, 09:41 PM »
Two browns, 14" and 16" on East Branch Delaware. Heard 9 pounder caught  at covered bridge.  My buds pulled in a 6', 180 lb local who had fallen in and hit his head.  That was his lucky Opening Day!

JiggerMan

• Man do I love Fishing
« Reply #28 on: Apr 08, 2004, 04:30 PM »
corret me if i am wrong but are you or are n=you not aloud to keep only two trout 12 inches or bigger as part of your limit in the inland streams that are not tribs to either the finger lakes or lake ontario. 

I read that a couple people on this thread had kept limits of trout and nothing under 14".   If you could keep a limit of trout over 12" I would of been set to go.  I did not catch any trout under 12".  The DEC officers also whatched me catch a 17" brown three casts after I decided to keep a 15" brown and told me and I quote "thats a nice fish to bad it has to go back". 

OH well made up for it on saturday when me and my buddies Boxed out on browns on lake ontario in 4-5 hours.  we actually caught 17 and kept 12. 

JiggerMan 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.