FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Vintage finds  (Read 1489 times)

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Vintage finds
« on: Apr 23, 2013, 08:12 AM »
A couple weeks back I was visiting my parents and took some time to go into the garage to grab a rod they had been storing for me. While in there I noticed in the corner an item with some sentimental value.. my first tackle box

It was empty of lures now being used for nuts and bolts storage, but I could not pass up the opportunity to take a pic for the memory bank. As I moved it, I noticed that underneath it was another tackle box I with just as much sentimental value.. my grandfathers.

If his box was there then I knew his rod would also be close by, so I began the search, and quickly came across his Model 100A Johnson Century reel still on the original rod

getting to see these items and take this photos really made my day, it is not often you can look into your past and still put your hands on it

fishinpreacher

Re: Vintage finds
« Reply #1 on: Apr 23, 2013, 08:38 AM »
Really, really, cool man!

DanO2013

« Reply #2 on: Apr 23, 2013, 09:13 AM »
nice! - i wander what happened to all my old stuff - next time im at my parnets i think i too will poke around the garage now and see what i can find! really lovin that reel - you dont see stuff like that everyday

pastaboy

• Bites don't feed the bulldog!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 30, 2013, 06:12 AM »
Cool stuff right there bassjunky! I still have an old tape measure and some old "lucky" bobbers from when I was a kid, sure brings back memories!  :thumbup_smilie:
Lord, bless us all with your plentiful bounty which you have provided for us and keep us all safe during our journey. Amen.

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #4 on: Apr 30, 2013, 10:28 PM »
That was my Grandfather's reel right there! He wouldn't use anything else. Great memories...... Thanks.
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.