FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: BassJunky..Feeding My Addiction..2006..(Pg.8 August 29th 30 pics)  (Read 15211 times)

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
After I hit the BPS this past weekend..I had the urge to get on the open water...well the only open water in my area was a local Trout Pond....But I had the Urge so I scratched it..for those how dont like trout farms..LOOK AWAY

Start off with some scenery...This place has three fishable ponds...1 for ice fishing, 1 for rainbows and 1 for speckels.

I had not been to a trout farm in years, but I remembered that they were notorious for catching fish fast and furious making for a short day. We decided to pack large spoons and cranks hoping to steer clear of the small guys who would take everything you throw at them

I was using a panfish tube jig on my new noodlerod...Man the trout gave you an excellent run for your money on that rod...here are the first 3 I caught on the tube jig

This one was a fatty and much darker in colour then any of the others

My Buddy "Chowderhead" was still in the mood for ice fishing so he was casting away with a frostee jig on his ice rod it looked funny but it worked...here are his first 2 fish

So after catching a few fish I decided to give a small crankbait a try..this was a cricket bait that floated on top and could be twitched or straight retrieved...The fish loved it, I was getting non-stop blowups on the top of the water as they attacked my crank. They seemed to love it if I gave it a crank or two they would then smack it on the slow float back to the top.

On my second or thirs cast i got a huge strike and watched as this fish pulled me all over the lake..he went from corner to corner just stealing line as he went. it was awsome, thankgod for a good drag because i was using 3lb test and he would have sure snapped me off. Anyways...Chowderhead snapped off some pics of me fighint this guy, but in the end I lost him at the shore..next time

Im happy to say we ended up spending 4 hours there, and we brought home about 13 fish between us         (12 bows and 1 speck). great day, lots of fun and not as expensive as i had expected.

here is Cowder with the days biggest rainbow

Scrapp

Re: BassJunky....Feeding My Addiction..2006...
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14, 2006, 01:29 PM »
haha looks like fun

pondpro

« Reply #2 on: Mar 14, 2006, 01:33 PM »
wow nice fish.
Tommy G.

Pikeguy

« Reply #3 on: Mar 14, 2006, 01:38 PM »
That looks like a good day, fish farm or not. My roomates girlfriend's family owns a trout pond and we've been told we can fish it when we want but all fish MUST be kept. Even if they're just hooked in the lip and not fought out. Seems odd, but they said there is a disease that can be spread by releasing those fish. What did it end up costing for the 13 fish? If you don't mind my asking.

devil-man

« Reply #4 on: Mar 14, 2006, 01:50 PM »
Very nice trout, Junky... and I mean that. What a great day!  8)
BUT- This is why I opt for the journal, because there are no responses allowed.

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #5 on: Mar 14, 2006, 02:50 PM »
Thanx Guys, this Trout farm has the same stead fast rule..all caught fish must be kept...the prices are not bas though....I caught 7 Rainbows and 1 spec and I paid $25 for the fish...and they offer cleaning for $1 a fish (up to 3 fish then .50 cents a fish after that) so my total was $30 and Chowder head was $16 for his 5 fish plus $4 to clean...so we spent $50 or $3.80 a fish caught and cleaned...wow that hurt my brain

They also have coupons which we printed off there website..catch 5 fish and your biggest is free, or catch 24 fish and 5 are free. Thy let you wieght them and set aside the heaviest fish...Not a big deal for the fish we caught but there are some 5-8lb trout in there and at if my math is right an 8lb Trout would have cost me $28..

Devil-man I like the responces, as long as the thread author always lets you know what page the updates are on so you dont have to search every page to look at a few photo's.

More to Come

crowkiller

• TASTES LIKE CHICKEN
« Reply #6 on: Mar 14, 2006, 03:04 PM »
looks like a great place to shoot some ducks n geese in the fall
OR      [IMG]

big big rdg

« Reply #7 on: Mar 14, 2006, 03:23 PM »
Still looks like fun, I wish I could get them that easy.
FSHON!

Marcus

« Reply #8 on: Mar 14, 2006, 06:03 PM »
Nice Fish

synergyboy10

• summer time flag
« Reply #9 on: Mar 14, 2006, 06:34 PM »
nice pics. npw im in the mood for some torut.
hurry grab that rod.

www.teamthrillseeker.com

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #10 on: Mar 14, 2006, 06:44 PM »
One thing I will add about Trout farms..If you are trying to get someone involved in fishing they are a great place to start...they are pretty much garenteed to catch fish and trout give a nice little fight.

I have been thinking about joiing the dark side (aka FlyFishing) and when I do buy a flyrod I will defiantly practise at a Trout farm..get a feel for it and enjoy bringing in some fish.

and the darkside bit was joke.. ;D

devil-man

« Reply #11 on: Mar 14, 2006, 06:50 PM »
I have been thinking about joiing the dark side (aka FlyFishing) and when I do buy a flyrod I will defiantly practise at a Trout farm..
Don't do it- There's no coming back...
 :blink:
Are you drunk?

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #12 on: Mar 14, 2006, 07:42 PM »
Dont get me wrong, Im not switching sides...I have always just wanted to try flyfishing

devil-man

« Reply #13 on: Mar 14, 2006, 08:01 PM »
And there's nothing wrong with that.  ;)

Fishingking

« Reply #14 on: Mar 14, 2006, 08:37 PM »
Trout Pond or not they are still fun to catch :)
Team NY 
Was that nice enough for you?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.