FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fish finder / chart plotter  (Read 3073 times)

gamefisher

Re: Fish finder / chart plotter
« Reply #15 on: Mar 25, 2022, 05:22 PM »
It looks like (at a quick glance) it does not have down, or side imaging. I don’t use these modes often, but they can be super helpful at times. Mostly when trolling I do not use side imaging unless it’s very early in the season cruising shorelines.

The Garmin also looks like a nice set up to me.

I believe CV (clear view) is there down scan, I only troll so this interests me more than side scan.  It comes preloaded with 17000 maps, including the ones in Maine that I fish.  It is navionics however so I have my doubts on accuracy unless they have improved.   The hummingbird fish smart app seems greater detail.   I'm thinking to much, hard to know

gamefisher

« Reply #16 on: Mar 25, 2022, 05:23 PM »
A buddy of mine just bought 2 echomaps.. he installed them this past weekend and hasnt had the boat out yet..
I will tell you this...
I switched from a lowrance to a helix 9 on the dash and a helix 7 IN THE DASH for my mapping..
They are easier to operate than the lowrance unit..
I wasnt sure I'd like them... but now that I've got a season under my belt I LOVE EM

Thank you

zwiggles

« Reply #17 on: Mar 27, 2022, 08:11 AM »
YouTube can be a great resource too. Most models will have “reviews” by people who are not sponsored, and give honest opinions.

For what it’s worth I would go with Garmin or Humminbird, and I own a lowarnce unit.

gamefisher

« Reply #18 on: Mar 27, 2022, 01:01 PM »
YouTube can be a great resource too. Most models will have “reviews” by people who are not sponsored, and give honest opinions.

For what it’s worth I would go with Garmin or Humminbird, and I own a lowarnce unit

Thanks bud, you have been a real help,  much appreciated

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #19 on: Mar 29, 2022, 07:22 AM »
I've been an H-bird fan for a long time but if I were buying an imaging unit right now it would likely be Garmin. As said above, watch Youtube reviews, the Garmin imaging just seems superior to the others. I have a Helix 9 on my boat for navigation, but I purposely didn't buy an imaging unit because I want to go with a Garmin for that.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.