FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Heading out to Cobbetts  (Read 1038 times)

CSpike

Heading out to Cobbetts
« on: Jul 26, 2008, 04:09 AM »
I'm going to bring the camera and if I can control myself I'll try to get some footage of the bass feeding and how I catch them, could be tough alone though, but I'll try.

Spike

Rob F.

• Quit Wishin, Go Fishing!!!
Re: Heading out to Cobbetts
« Reply #1 on: Jul 26, 2008, 07:40 AM »
Supposed to head out to Cobbetts on Wed night..  Good luck, let us know how you do/did..

CSpike

« Reply #2 on: Jul 26, 2008, 10:35 AM »
Nice morning. Got a few smaller fish early and waited for the big bite. Tons of bait everywhere not too many swirls. I spent more time trying to get the fish on film than fishing. Not sure how it came out as the battery died. The fish finally showed later but were spread out pretty good. I had to motor from blitz to blitz. I did see one school of smallies. It was huge. We don't catch a ton of smallies in here but it could be we are fishing the wrong water. This school was out over the deep stuff and as I was pulling one of the bretheren in the rest followed. Wow was all I could say. A whole bunch of the buggers. Anyway got back up to my favorite area and the fish started to show pretty good. Top watered them for a while when the ski boats came out. I was 30' off a pin and the idiot goeas between me and the pin towing akid that couldn't have been more than 5 yrs old. At that point I packed it in and headed home. Not a great morning but not bad either. I could have doubled my take had I fished sub surface. I held out for the topwater bite.

Spike

jibbs

« Reply #3 on: Jul 26, 2008, 12:44 PM »
spike getting into the bass fishing........i like it..........and it seems like you  enjoy it as well.........good job.........last night  pickeral boy and i seen some top surface action.......schools of sunfish boiling the surface everywhere.........the bass weren't in them, but they sure were circling......it felt like last night could of produced a monster........hopefully tonight........ we are  headed to wionna at 4 and will fish into the darkness.........should be fun.......tomorrow we have a tourney on winni.........over 70 boats fishing in competition today........place is a mad house
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

CSpike

« Reply #4 on: Jul 26, 2008, 06:17 PM »
spike getting into the bass fishing........i like it..........and it seems like you  enjoy it as well.........good job.........last night  pickeral boy and i seen some top surface action.......schools of sunfish boiling the surface everywhere.........the bass weren't in them, but they sure were circling......it felt like last night could of produced a monster........hopefully tonight........ we are  headed to wionna at 4 and will fish into the darkness.........should be fun.......tomorrow we have a tourney on winni.........over 70 boats fishing in competition today........place is a mad house

That is me Jibbs! I like all kinds of fishing not just one or the other. Back in my younger days I almost became a fly fishing purest. Until I realized I like catching all fish of all sizes using all methods. Besides with the in-laws boat in the water its an easy call to hit cobbetts.
Plus all my Winni trolling gear has been retooled for NY and Ontario. I sent you a PM, do you just ignore mine? LOL. Like my emails at work. If someone doesn't know the answer to a question they just don't respond to your email.

Spike

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.