FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: BIP Gang- Ponds and Lake Adventures  (Read 151739 times)

GraniteBass

Re: BIP Gang- Ponds & Lake Adventures
« Reply #15 on: Apr 25, 2011, 07:21 PM »

Dispy

« Reply #16 on: Apr 25, 2011, 07:29 PM »
Pond Rainbows I: April 25

The Gang fished a small pond this evening. The water was boiling with fish feeding on today's massive hatch. It did not take Troutski and Josh very long to skunk the old man :P Good job fellas.

"Meet the new with your ears, eyes and mind wide open, and your mouth tightly shut."

Dispy

« Reply #17 on: Apr 26, 2011, 08:34 PM »
Rainbows Part II: April 26

Another skunk for the 'old man', both Troutski and Josh were able to put together a decent stringer of 'bows tonight. These fish were loaded with the new hatch and could not be caught on any lure thrown at them, nor worms or powerbait. Meal worms were the ticket. If one had a 'dippers' net, I am quite sure they could have been caught as they rocketed out of the water. What a spectacular sight as they launched for their meals.

"Meet the new with your ears, eyes and mind wide open, and your mouth tightly shut."

Dispy

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2011, 08:17 PM »
More chum was dropped tonight into the lake for Brown Bullheads and American Eels. Night fishing is on the menu for tomorrow.

Dispy

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2011, 05:17 PM »
Due to the number of registered tourneys on BIP, I will refrain from posting bass pics however, I will say, many sightings of bass in close quarters were caught today. Here are some other fishing results from shallow areas. Good luck tourney anglers, be sure to observe the rules of which you signed ;D

Smallest fish on the day:

Crappies and perch in the trees:

Dispy

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2011, 09:03 PM »
40 Larrys caught this evening and 30 plus Sallies. If you knew where the Sallies were during the hard-water season, then move up to the 10-15 foot depths, many 3+ Smallmouth caught in a 2 hour period. Zoom Flukes in an un-disclosed color as well as various 2-4' jerk baits produced the best results And again, any wood for largies.

Dispy

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2011, 07:47 PM »
Thanks to Dave of ReelSilver Charters for giving us the required knowledge on setting up and trolling a lake. Also the many friend here at NH MFF whom have also given us some great advice. Man, what a whole different world and it is safe to say we are now "hooked." ;D

Trolled all day in the rain loving life :laugh: Catching over 50 larry's, 30 smallies, 1 nice brown lost at the boat, 2 rainbows, 42 pickerel, 14 crappie, 23 pig yellow perch, 68 nice gills and sunfish. What a great learning day out on the lake with my brother, Troutski and Josh.

A few pics of Josh and his evening catch:

15" yellows

Josh's best pickerel of the evening:

deerme

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2011, 01:38 PM »
Trolled all day in the rain loving life :laugh: Catching over 50 larry's, 30 smallies, 1 nice brown lost at the boat, 2 rainbows, 42 pickerel, 14 crappie, 23 pig yellow perch, 68 nice gills and sunfish.

220+ fish for one boat trolling in a day has to be some sort of record....nice job!!!!!!

KeepaCatcha

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2011, 02:27 PM »
holy cow thats a lot of fish.....you catch the bass trolling too?

Dispy

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2011, 07:30 PM »
holy cow thats a lot of fish.....you catch the bass trolling too?
All caught trolling, no electronics involved. The lure selection was limited to 5 specific color patterns in 2 different sizes. The key seemed to be trolling at 1.1- 1.9 mph, targeting the 10-15 foot break lines adjacent to deep holes and moving up into 7 FOW when encountering the larger flats. Lure depths selected were 2-4 foot runners.

Dispy

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2011, 07:37 PM »
220+ fish for one boat trolling in a day has to be some sort of record....nice job!!!!!!
We started at first light, stopped at the restaurant on the lake and ate breakfast, trolled some more and stopped again for lunch, then supper. Finished up fishing around 7 pm. Long wet day, but well worth it. What we observed and proved true, was that the fish were feeding aggressively on windy shorelines. The morning to mid afternoon produced fish on all northwest/westerly shorelines until the pre-frontal winds took over, thus shutting down the fishing. It then picked up even hotter on the northeast/easterly shorelines when the winds changed direction.

Dispy

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2011, 07:45 PM »
Fish were still holding tru from yesterday's positioning. Whitey Bulgers were abundant this evening as were jumbo yellows, too freakin many pickerel, gill and although nothing to write home about...3 rainbows. Some table fare from tonight's catches.

Dispy

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2011, 11:23 PM »
Filled 6-five gallon buckets full of nice horned pouts tonight between 9 & 12 am. Many nice fat fish caught. Pics to follow after cleaning details are completed.

Dispy

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2011, 09:03 PM »
Another quick 1 hour excursion........1/2 of a five gallon pail of 'pouts tonight from 8:30 to 9:30.   a few gills and one whitey bulger mixed in.

GraniteBass

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2011, 06:44 AM »
Hit the lake with Dispy in the evening looking for pouts.

We had a great time catching a whole "festival" of New Hampshire fish. Beautiful weather, mirror-like water, stars, fantastic time to be out.

Notable developments during the outing:

What I thought to be a mosquito repellent was apparently mosquito bait. After applying copious amounts on myself, it made a very interesting task trying to fish in the middle of a large dark, raging mosquito cloud.

One of our lines got snagged and torn. Later at the same spot, I had a pout on but it got snagged too. Could see the fish half out of the water but I just could not reel it any more. Luckily Dispy had his boat on the shore so in a daring rescue operation we took to the water (all 20 feet of it from shore) and recovered the fish - with the previously lost line, sinker, hook and even the worm still tangled in for good measure.

After this excitement was over, I landed the longest catch of the day, it was a 5 foot long rope for a mooring buoy.

Dispy won the "most challenging fish of the day" award. For half an hour something was very lightly biting on his line but it would just never get hooked. We fed half a box of nightcrawlers to the fish and just before we left for the day, Dispy was able to land it. It was an 8 inch baby pickerel.

We did not get crazy action from the pouts but we got enough so that I will follow up with a pout recipe and pictures on the other topic. Speaking of pictures, I have no pictures - not even the rope - for the night as it was too dark by the time we started landing them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.