FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: BIP Gang- Ponds and Lake Adventures  (Read 151760 times)

GraniteBass

Re: BIP Gang- Ponds & Lake Adventures
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2011, 11:42 AM »
Another great BIP adventure with Dispy - this time I took the trolling 101 course :)

Incredibly beautiful morning, smooth water and surprisingly quiet. We did catch a lot of fish, couple of bluegills, a few yellow perch, a bunch of pickerel and Tom landed (boated I should say) a nice rainbow.

Few notable observations : some people have a very hard time with the 150 feet rule. We saw a jetski that was going so fast it was practically airborne around 50 feet from both the shore and a pair of kayakers.

Also saw a pontoon boat that we believed was basically sinking. The aft part of the boat - especially the port side - was basically under water, the outboard was almost under water as well. The guys on deck seemed to not care as they were landing fish as well  ;D

Dispy

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2011, 08:33 PM »
Nice quiet evening on the lake with Troutski. Some table fare caught tonight.

"Meet the new with your ears, eyes and mind wide open, and your mouth tightly shut."

Dispy

« Reply #32 on: Jul 24, 2011, 06:43 PM »
We have been away on many excursions since our last post....

July 4 2011: Fished and camped for 4 days at the foothills of the Appalachian Trail...many nicely sized rainbows caught and served up for dinner and lunch. Whether it be trout for breakfast or trout burgers for lunch, Troutski, Josh and I had a tremendous weekend. Bringing the acoustic guitar and playing along with the loons song cannot be beat.........the howls of the distant coyotes made my two sons nervous and by each morning light they would stoke the fire and continue carving their protection walking sticks. Much like the one I carved over 25 years ago at this same spot.....passing on my heritage......

"Meet the new with your ears, eyes and mind wide open, and your mouth tightly shut."

JIGGIN

« Reply #33 on: Aug 04, 2011, 02:25 PM »
I forgot to comment on the walking stick Dispy, nice job on that! Put alot of time and effort into it I can see. Nice job on passing on the heritage too. Your sons will be full of good memories as they get older.

I agree too....now for the next phase of learning to fish....the setup, cleaning, baiting, removal, release, cooking etc....the not so fun part.

Nice job with the boys for whatever it's worth.

Thanks for posting up pics. I enjoy seeing them.

JIGGIN.

Go Go Get Em!

Dispy

« Reply #34 on: Aug 07, 2011, 11:49 AM »
Thanks Jiggin'...how you been man????

A few Whiskahs from the nights fishing..love those 'pouts cooked Cajun Style

AquaAssassin

« Reply #35 on: Aug 07, 2011, 01:52 PM »
I am still waiting on some recipes and food pics! I dont have all day I am getting skinny again, lets go!
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

Dispy

« Reply #36 on: Mar 15, 2012, 08:35 AM »
2012 Spring Season:

The lake has been ice free for a little over 3 weeks now, and the fishing is red hot. The Gang has picked up where the ice season has left off. Crappies and whitey bulgers are readily taken by vertical jigging over the massive schools. The trout are still sluggish and have been seen in shallow warming themselves. Yellow perch have begun their spring spawn. Many largemouth have moved into the 50+ degree pockets around the lake. And the smallmouth are following suit.

I have not seen a nice smallie like this from the lake in a long while:

Smells Like Fish NH

« Reply #37 on: Mar 15, 2012, 09:26 AM »
If anyone is interested in being in a FB group about NH fishing with few limitations and no Richard Craniums...send me a PM... 3000+members strong and growing! Search "New Hampshire Fishing" and ask to join

waterwolf603

« Reply #38 on: Mar 15, 2012, 02:37 PM »
That is a slab, I will see you on sunday buddy  ;D
lakes, lies, and marble eyes

KeepaCatcha

« Reply #39 on: Mar 15, 2012, 03:58 PM »
What a beauty of a smallmouth!! Way to start it off strong! Nice going guys!

Dispy

« Reply #40 on: Mar 15, 2012, 07:20 PM »
Hit the lake minus one of the Gang today...cloudy and a perfect "salmon chop" on the water. Main lake temps are in the high 46's and 52.5* pockets. Fish were very aggressive!!! This pickerel had something very large in his belly, feels like a yearling muskrat, legs, tail and head....

Josh aka FlagsUp!!! and his Trophy Pickerel...he'll just have to wait till next year to find out :D

And his first Larry of the year:

AquaAssassin

« Reply #41 on: Mar 15, 2012, 07:22 PM »
Sure are some stud picks in there! Congrats!
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

Bigbassman

« Reply #42 on: Mar 15, 2012, 07:49 PM »
Great pics, Tom!  Looks like an amazing catch! That's a MONSTER toothy critter!  Some nice smallies, too!
Hope we can meet up on BIP sometime soon!
-Nate

GraniteBass

« Reply #43 on: Mar 15, 2012, 08:02 PM »
Fantastic! Bip gives up another monster gator.

Dispy

« Reply #44 on: Mar 16, 2012, 08:18 AM »
Fantastic! Bip gives up another monster gator.

Certified weight was 5.76 pounds, 14" girth and 26 1/4" in length.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.