FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: LEAVE MY STRADIC ALONE!!  (Read 3150 times)

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
LEAVE MY STRADIC ALONE!!
« on: Apr 01, 2010, 07:24 AM »
I love the Shimano Stradic spinning reel, I currently own 5 of them, but I hate the fact that they keep changing the way it looks every season. I loved the classic white look of a Stradic reel, I have no idea why they moved onto the silver look a couple seasons back, and now this season they have this sleek black with red highlights..this is not a fashion show guys... leave the d**n thing alone. it's a stradic reel that speaks for itself, you dont have to make it look pretty.

Im all for the upgrades to quality, size and weight, but stop messing with the look. I miss the whites, and still gravitate to them in my arsenal. But as they age and I have to replace them or pick-up new reels, I dont get that same feel when looking at the new styled Stradics

maybe it's just me..thanx for letting me rant

captain jack

Re: LEAVE MY STRADIC ALONE!!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2010, 08:13 AM »
 i agree... the red is ugly,somehow looks cheap.i always liked the wooden handle too.

gloomis

« Reply #2 on: Apr 05, 2010, 02:39 AM »
i agree as well i have i fished a few reals and finally bought a stradic with the white on it and had to buy another one have never  had a real like that before  and just bought another one wich  is the silver one i think last yeats module and dont like it as much. If  i can find one in white again ill pick it up best money  i have spent on a real.

BaitWrangler

« Reply #3 on: Apr 05, 2010, 06:17 AM »
Have they redesigned a lot of their reels? I know the bait runners us Carp folk use have been resdesigned as well. The B series is now D and much different or so I've heard. But I know a lot of the 3500/4500B fans are scooping them up.

slipperybob

« Reply #4 on: Jun 03, 2010, 08:01 PM »
2008 ICAST was a major change for the Shimano Spinning reels.  Still I wish they would've kept the slim profile bail wire with the flushed bail arm assembly.  The bail wire wasn't a nice arc, but it's operation was so much tighter.  Only their top of the line Stella kept the good bail assembly design.
Slip bobber fishing and ice lounger.

Slipperybob's Wish to Fish and MN Dish...Journal

BBK

« Reply #5 on: Jun 05, 2010, 07:31 PM »
I love the Shimano Stradic spinning reel, I currently own 5 of them, but I hate the fact that they keep changing the way it looks every season. I loved the classic white look of a Stradic reel, I have no idea why they moved onto the silver look a couple seasons back, and now this season they have this sleek black with red highlights..this is not a fashion show guys... leave the d**n thing alone. it's a stradic reel that speaks for itself, you dont have to make it look pretty.

Im all for the upgrades to quality, size and weight, but stop messing with the look. I miss the whites, and still gravitate to them in my arsenal. But as they age and I have to replace them or pick-up new reels, I dont get that same feel when looking at the new styled Stradics

maybe it's just me..thanx for letting me rant

You say it is not a fashion show but then say you want it white? I'm confused....

BoutTime

« Reply #6 on: Jun 27, 2010, 11:30 AM »
Shimano keeps changing nearly all their reels every other year it seems.

Personally, I loved the 2007/8 version of the Solstace and Spirex but they are different now. I just snag them off ebay when I can and keep stockpiling them.

slipperybob

« Reply #7 on: Jun 27, 2010, 01:08 PM »
Reel changes are very normal, since each mfg. tries to outdo the other by offering a better value reel for the performance.  One merely has to look at the similarities that are the core focus of each mfg.

Shimano for the largest anti-reverse bearings and largest main drive gear.

Diawa for their large ABS spools and very smooth and silent operation.

Quantum for their strong bail assembly and very solid bail operation.

Abu Garcia for their innovative changes that comes and goes.

Pfleuger for their long history of being the best value reels on the market and their screw in handles.
Slip bobber fishing and ice lounger.

Slipperybob's Wish to Fish and MN Dish...Journal

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #8 on: Jun 29, 2010, 07:47 AM »
I dont mind upgrades or changes, but I like a standard base model to still be available, I may want to buy the newest Stradic, but if one of my older pearl models kicks the bucket I would like to be able to replace it.

As i said, it is just a pet a peeve, that they seem to change it every year.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.