FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Recommendation for telescopic or long handled landing net  (Read 4039 times)

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
Re: Recommendation for telescopic or long handled landing net
« Reply #15 on: Sep 24, 2020, 09:01 AM »
I have been using this Bass Pro Shops gold series net for the past 3 years. It's fairly inexpensive and has held up pretty good for living on the boat and being used in the salt.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bass-pro-shops-gold-series-34-67-telescoping-handle-landing-nets

taxid

« Reply #16 on: Sep 25, 2020, 07:00 PM »
I'm still waiting for the net to be shipped.  ::)

An order I placed this morning for a quick release motor bracket for my Terrova Minnkota has been shipped same day.

I'm getting a bad feeling about getting the net.  In a different store it was not in stock.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

filetandrelease

« Reply #17 on: Sep 26, 2020, 06:28 AM »

Taxid PM sent

taxid

« Reply #18 on: Sep 26, 2020, 08:14 AM »
Taxid PM sent

Got it.

I'm sure it will show up at some point or I'll get an out of stock notice. Maybe they are checking other BPS locations?

I won't need it until water temps in the two ponds that don't get well water drop consistently into the 50's, which will be someone in October.  Then I can move the extras into them for fish out. I spent a lot of money on a larger well pump this year and other things so will have to recoup the expenses.  Will try a fee fishing pond for the extra trout up to 5 lbs. Allowed free fishing previously with free trout to take home.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

filetandrelease

« Reply #19 on: Sep 26, 2020, 11:28 AM »

Sounds great , hopefully some parents will bring their children to catch some nice fish

taxid

« Reply #20 on: Sep 26, 2020, 08:04 PM »
Hi Cecil,
The item(s) below are out of stock and unfortunately we had to cancel the order. At this time we are unable to estimate when this item will be available for purchase. Please note that you were never charged for the item. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and will continue to work diligently with our suppliers to restock the item(s) as soon as possible. Please check our website for product updates and availability. Our representatives do not have any additional detail about product arrival dates and are unable to re-order items that have already been canceled. We hope you will keep us in mind for all you future outdoor needs!

Mac Attack

« Reply #21 on: Sep 26, 2020, 08:29 PM »
Amazon has them.

taxid

« Reply #22 on: Sep 27, 2020, 01:32 PM »
Thanks Mac,

Filletandrelease provided a link directly to the company and I ordered one there.

FilletandRelease you da man!

I'm hearing now Cabelas has a reputation of cancelling and backordering things (even before the Covid-19) although my order of a quick release mount for my Terrova arrived within two days of ordering from them.

taxid

« Reply #23 on: Sep 30, 2020, 08:14 PM »
you have a unique netting situation there.  probably have to go with a huge commercial net of some sort.$$$$$$$$$$$$$

you ever consider making your own?  I could see a large cradle type net with longer poles sticking out for handles(that go under arm pit) and a closed outer end, working pretty good.  lift and close up the cradle then drag(easier on back) them up on shore or into trailer and truck down to lower pond. assuming that's what your doing.  you would never have to lift them at all!   I bet you have all kinds of old net around there too. lol just poles and some net= 30 min. project. 

maybe even some more durable snow fence for the bottom netting?

Thanks but it's under control with a combination of a the seine and this large rubber dip net. I'll probably also use an anesthetic or clove oil to sort then. I'll be seining the big pond for bluegill first in a few days if you're interested in seeing what comes out of there.

taxid

« Reply #24 on: Oct 01, 2020, 02:50 PM »
P.M. me your phone number again. Probably will be some day next week for the big pond. The trout pond transfer is coming soon.

taxid

« Reply #25 on: Oct 01, 2020, 02:58 PM »
I got the net today thanks to filletandrelease's link to a better source, and thank you all for your suggestions. BPS that canceled my order can eat my shorts as I don't think they were fully honest on availability as they never charged my card in the first place.

Here is it unretracted and fully retracted. (There are settings between retracted and fully retracted.)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.