FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Cape Cod Canal - 2018  (Read 52767 times)

lowaccord66

Re: Cape Cod Canal - 2018
« Reply #180 on: Jun 30, 2018, 03:31 PM »
Good luck fellas  Them fish have came and gone LMAO ....

Yup  ;)

Thanks Boondox.  I will try...

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #181 on: Jun 30, 2018, 03:55 PM »
what kind of glitter rocket.

lowaccord66

« Reply #182 on: Jun 30, 2018, 04:00 PM »
what kind of glitter rocket.

Not sure, somewhat partial to skeeter because I have the most experience with that brand. I go back and forth on the idea because I have a few Parkers and Steiger crafts on my mind and those cost a few more bucks.

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

« Reply #183 on: Jun 30, 2018, 04:10 PM »
parker is my dream boat. buddy has a 2520 sport cabin and it is amazing.

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
« Reply #184 on: Jul 01, 2018, 12:27 AM »
Not sure, somewhat partial to skeeter because I have the most experience with that brand. I go back and forth on the idea because I have a few Parkers and Steiger crafts on my mind and those cost a few more bucks.
Hey Jon
Steiger craft all the way. They have one hell of a sturdy hull, much sturdier than Parker. If you have a chance visit their plant on the Island in Bellport . It is quite a setup.
 My brother owned a 25foot Steiger craft with a 225 Yamaha for 10 yrs and it was very impressive in comparison to same size Parkers I've been on.
Also Steiger craft has a transferable hull lifetime warranty  vs parker 10 year

lowaccord66

« Reply #185 on: Jul 01, 2018, 09:54 AM »
That must explain the difference in price!  Thanks for the info Dick.

Canal wise...buddy said prior to my going am bite only.  He was right...it was dead.  Left before sunrise because I was dead too!

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
« Reply #186 on: Jul 12, 2018, 10:37 AM »
Hit the canal end of June through the 1st week of July. Very slow. Only time we found any serious fish we also found the crowd. Combat fishing at its best. Didn't even bother taking the rod from the rack. LOL. Not going to say where on the ditch. You guys that fish it like I do know where it was. Might try again this weekend.
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

westernmas

« Reply #187 on: Jul 12, 2018, 10:47 AM »
Hit the canal end of June through the 1st week of July. Very slow. Only time we found any serious fish we also found the crowd. Combat fishing at its best. Didn't even bother taking the rod from the rack. LOL. Not going to say where on the ditch. You guys that fish it like I do know where it was. Might try again this weekend.

I'll be down for the weekend Jeff.  Drop me a PM if you are looking for a fishing partner.  Prob be mostly a morning thing for me.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #188 on: Jul 12, 2018, 11:12 AM »
I'll be down for the weekend Jeff.  Drop me a PM if you are looking for a fishing partner.  Prob be mostly a morning thing for me.

I will be down as well.  Fish are available now.  Just need to make a run to Ontario first for the Salmon Slam...then run back to CT...sleep and roll down to the canal Sat night. 

Next week Im there thursday-monday.  Prime time to jig a monster from my logs.  There won't be numbers but if the law of averages is intact Ill get a 40.

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

« Reply #189 on: Jul 12, 2018, 11:37 AM »
Going to be a zoo this weekend. I'll probably be there as well. Going to try to get away from the crowds as much as I can.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #190 on: Jul 12, 2018, 11:53 AM »
Good luck to all of you. Still need to get my first canal trip in. I will be bottom fishing Saturday then have my little guy Sunday. Next weekend I will be camping along the RI south coast with the family so I may chuck some eels out at night.
Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #191 on: Jul 12, 2018, 12:39 PM »
Going to be a zoo this weekend. I'll probably be there as well. Going to try to get away from the crowds as much as I can.

Not at night.  Never is...especially island side.  3am to sunrise gets busy...let me put it this way....if you can find me there in the dark Saturday night..ill give you a new fast sinking stick shadd.  (I could be on either side).  Once the sun is up I am done.

westernmas

« Reply #192 on: Jul 12, 2018, 02:17 PM »
Not at night.  Never is...especially island side.  3am to sunrise gets busy...let me put it this way....if you can find me there in the dark Saturday night..ill give you a new fast sinking stick shadd.  (I could be on either side).  Once the sun is up I am done.

If I text you and ask where you are will that still get me a stick shadd :o :o :o
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #193 on: Jul 12, 2018, 03:20 PM »
If I text you and ask where you are will that still get me a stick shadd :o :o :o

Hmm I guess.  I might subsititute a picture of a stick shadd...you know where to find me!

I hope all that go crush it...before the season ends lets meet up for a team session.  Its nice to lock down a 1/4 mile of bank with your buddies.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #194 on: Jul 12, 2018, 03:51 PM »
Great pic man!
Wicked Wec

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.