FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Cape Cod Canal - 2018  (Read 52912 times)

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
Re: Cape Cod Canal - 2018
« Reply #315 on: Aug 12, 2018, 02:21 AM »
Ready for battle again

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #316 on: Aug 12, 2018, 05:42 AM »
At seafood sams now...need a lobster roll.

when you heading home? if I am around swing by.
Wicked Wec

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

« Reply #317 on: Aug 12, 2018, 09:47 AM »
Got a nice 33lb fish this morning.

lowaccord66

« Reply #318 on: Aug 12, 2018, 12:35 PM »
Got a nice 33lb fish this morning.

Nice I bailed early to grab the girls and just got home with enough time to fish the river hard.  Too many people for me.  Got mugged on both sides at 1am...close.  caught each offenders line on their respective firsts casts to show my displeasure.  It didnt help my cause.  I fished 9 to 3am with nothing to show for it. 

westernmas

« Reply #319 on: Aug 12, 2018, 09:55 PM »
I got out from about 4-noon Saturday morning.  I ended up fishing on the fishing pier.  I figured if I'm going to be surrounded by googans I might as well get right into the thick of it.  There was a blitz around 6am and I was lucky enough to land a 42 inch fish that I'd say was close to 35lbs and one of the bigger fish I saw landed.  I'm not sure she would have made it so I ended up bringing her home for a great dinner with my parents.

I also fished Sunday on my way home with nothing to show for it but some some cunners and starfish.  We did however get to see a sailboat get within 10-15 feet of shore, in a dead low tide, so one of the guys one the boat could throw his buddy on shore a rope.  After about 15 minutes and several failed attempts the guy on shore grabbed the line and tied a plastic bag to the end of it.  Come to find out the guys had been out to sea for a while and needed some cigs.  After they pulled away the coast guard pulled up along side of them and I'm sure gave them an earful.

First fishing trip in my new truck!

AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #320 on: Aug 13, 2018, 05:50 AM »
Nice Pat.  You can have the place.  Im going to wait until later in the season to return.  Nice truck!

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #321 on: Aug 13, 2018, 05:56 AM »
Nice fish Pat, even nicer truck!
Wicked Wec

westernmas

« Reply #322 on: Aug 13, 2018, 08:01 AM »
Nice Pat.  You can have the place.  Im going to wait until later in the season to return.  Nice truck!

Thanks guys.  Loving the truck so far.

I hear ya Jon.  From about 5-9am it is just madness down there, especially during full and new moons.  Unfortunately I haven't spent too much time saltwater fishing so i don't really have productive fall back plans so I'll continue to deal with the crowds until i can find other productive spots.
Instagram @Patsquatch413

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #323 on: Aug 13, 2018, 08:18 AM »
Thanks guys.  Loving the truck so far.

I hear ya Jon.  From about 5-9am it is just madness down there, especially during full and new moons.  Unfortunately I haven't spent too much time saltwater fishing so i don't really have productive fall back plans so I'll continue to deal with the crowds until i can find other productive spots.

kayaking any time soon?
Wicked Wec

westernmas

« Reply #324 on: Aug 13, 2018, 08:42 AM »
kayaking any time soon?

Unfortunately my schedule will be quite hectic the next few weeks with bachelor parties and weddings.  I'm at that age where I have about 2-5 a year to attend.  I sure am sick of spending money on the darn things.
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #325 on: Aug 13, 2018, 08:53 AM »
The canal will clear out eventually.  I could show you other spots pat but you need a drytop at least...wetsuit would be best/safest.

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

« Reply #326 on: Aug 13, 2018, 09:13 AM »
I figured out a way to get the googans away from you. You take a jighead and sharpen the inside bend of the hook until it's like a knife. Then you just cast over them and snip them off. Works wonders and they dont even know what hit them.

lowaccord66

« Reply #327 on: Aug 13, 2018, 09:17 AM »
I figured out a way to get the googans away from you. You take a jighead and sharpen the inside bend of the hook until it's like a knife. Then you just cast over them and snip them off. Works wonders and they dont even know what hit them.

Done.  I can accept the crowds and the desire to fish there for sure. However, some of these new visitors have no ethics at all.  None.  Nor do they have any idea why you need a bit of space.  Big thanks to gopro, youtube and FB.  Huge thanks to Al Gags.  Used to be one of the best...now just burns the canal on FB as much as possible to turn a profit.  Wonder what everyone will do when the stripers collapse completely. 

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #328 on: Aug 13, 2018, 09:17 AM »
Unfortunately my schedule will be quite hectic the next few weeks with bachelor parties and weddings.  I'm at that age where I have about 2-5 a year to attend.  I sure am sick of spending money on the darn things.

Join the club!!!!

4 in 2016, 5 last year, 3 this year.

I say the hell with them and go fishing, If they are true friends they will forgive you. hahahahah (let me know how that turns out)

I asked because I should have a spot on my boat this weekend.
Wicked Wec

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #329 on: Aug 13, 2018, 09:19 AM »
Done.  I can accept the crowds and the desire to fish there for sure. However, some of these new visitors have no ethics at all.  None.  Nor do they have any idea why you need a bit of space.  Big thanks to gopro, youtube and FB.  Huge thanks to Al Gags.  Used to be one of the best...now just burns the canal on FB as much as possible to turn a profit.  Wonder what everyone will do when the stripers collapse completely.

Good point. Jon, what in the world will you do if that fishery collapses?
Wicked Wec

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.