FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 514217 times)

fishinator

Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #3975 on: Oct 08, 2020, 10:51 AM »
You can see where the Carolina Reaper is on this scale.  More the 2X hotter than a ghost pepper.  Very, very hot!

41% as hot as pepper spray? That isn't even food at that point!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3976 on: Oct 08, 2020, 04:18 PM »
That’s not a pepper. That’s ammunition!

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

fishinator

« Reply #3977 on: Oct 08, 2020, 06:50 PM »
Bell peppers are just starting to change colors. Jalapeños still producing like crazy. Even got a double!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3978 on: Oct 10, 2020, 05:03 AM »
Deer dont like eating peppers but they sure do like the leafs.. ;D

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3979 on: Oct 10, 2020, 07:52 AM »
Man they browsed them clean!

Ive been watching the deer at the park in the morning when I’m fishing. They mostly work their way along the edges of the woods browsing leaves and buds.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3980 on: Oct 10, 2020, 10:26 AM »
Makes finding the rest of the peppers easy to find... 8)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #3981 on: Oct 10, 2020, 02:01 PM »

Not a monster harvest,  but plenty of meals for the wife and I.  I'm calling it a success.  Definitely going to do it again next spring.

seamonkey84

« Reply #3982 on: Oct 15, 2020, 12:02 AM »
Ok, until this year, I never knew Brussels sprouts grew like that! Weird!  Well I placed an order for 8 different pepper varieties/colors. They were out of yellow reaper seeds though, I’ll just have to keep checking. I’d like to grow them through the winter and get a harvest in by spring when I put them outside. I’ll be posting pics here during the “off season” lol.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3983 on: Oct 15, 2020, 04:50 AM »
Nice pick jack.   There have been a lot of praying mantis around this year....

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3984 on: Oct 15, 2020, 05:38 AM »

Not a monster harvest,  but plenty of meals for the wife and I.  I'm calling it a success.  Definitely going to do it again next spring.
The two things I like growing best are garlic and potatoes. We’ve gone through a lot of the Norland Reds so far. Still have plenty of Norkotahs left. Next year I’m going to plant the Reds and some White taters. Garlic is already in the ground.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3985 on: Oct 16, 2020, 03:19 PM »
Just picked the last of my peppers.
 Hot and sweet.  Freeze them for sausage and pepper sandwiches over the winter..
 Only thing left is carrots and potatoes...

tomturkey

« Reply #3986 on: Oct 16, 2020, 07:31 PM »
Raq.

Have you ever mulched over carrots and left them in the ground until spring? It is suprising how sweet they taste in the spring. I gave some to a woman I worked with one time that said her kids wouold not eat carrots. They devoured these.

The same goes for parsnips.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3987 on: Oct 17, 2020, 04:24 AM »
No Tom never did.  The deer will have them all pulled out by then..     ;D

fishinator

« Reply #3988 on: Oct 17, 2020, 09:05 AM »
I covered my pepper plants but I guess it just got too cold. Plants were drooping and pretty much dead. Wish I could have got another week to let more change colors but oh well.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3989 on: Oct 17, 2020, 12:53 PM »
Yeah, everything I had out was killed last night. Spent the morning cleaning up. Sure gonna miss our flowers and veggies.

On a good note I pulled a pretty nice harvest of radishes from the trough planter and planted spinach. Last year it hung on all winter and regrew in the spring.

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.