FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Kayak trolling advice  (Read 1484 times)

dirtydeeds

• neckties..contracts...high voltage!
Kayak trolling advice
« on: Aug 04, 2019, 06:46 AM »
Does anyone troll from the kayak using lead core line? In looking to chase some Lakers and trout In hemlock and was hope I could get advice from someone that does this. I've flatlined on conesus for walleyes and caught a few and some bass and I've caught lakers on canadice flatlining rapalas early in the year but I was thinking maybe lead core would get me in the trout territory this time of year. Any advice would be great thank guys!!
done dirt cheap!

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
Re: Kayak trolling advice
« Reply #1 on: Aug 04, 2019, 10:41 AM »
Do you have a finder aboard? Knowing the depth and the fact that the fish are there will save you a lot of time. If not I would suggest a mooching tactic, get over a likely area, get your line out. Then go along and occasionally stall or slow your speed, then cruise again allowing your presentation to fall and raise back up through the water column.

dirtydeeds

« Reply #2 on: Aug 04, 2019, 01:41 PM »
I do have a fish finder, what lb test would be best? I see 18lb and 27lb are most common. What are the differences, just lb test?
done dirt cheap!

seamonkey84

« Reply #3 on: Aug 04, 2019, 01:45 PM »
The diameter is different, so the 18lb sinks better than the 27.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

dirtydeeds

« Reply #4 on: Aug 04, 2019, 01:50 PM »
Thanks man the guy I was talking to said more people use the 27# but he also said he has no idea why he just typically sells more of that than the 18
done dirt cheap!

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #5 on: Aug 05, 2019, 05:58 AM »
I  fish out of  my yak  never trolled   dirty   would  love  to hear  what  you learn  and  your  experience   trolling  good luck buddy
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.