FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Rubber landing nets??  (Read 3045 times)

reeleyz

Re: Rubber landing nets??
« Reply #15 on: Aug 12, 2019, 07:15 AM »
I have a couple. One is about 25 years old and I replaced the netting once. They are a time saver for sure.

Fishin-Mission

« Reply #16 on: Aug 12, 2019, 10:16 AM »
I just purchased one for my new boat.  Have not used it yet but I expect that my lures not getting stuck in it and it should be easier on the fish.  Often I do not use a net and I attempt to land the fish by hand or lift them over the side of the boat.  Yes, sometimes the fish enjoy an unintentional boat side release.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #17 on: Aug 12, 2019, 10:53 AM »
I  love mine. Spray it with Blakemore reel magic when I put it away..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
« Reply #18 on: Aug 12, 2019, 10:57 AM »
I've had trouble with mice chewing my fish slime infused nets over the winter months. Both rubber and the old knotted style. Dacker, do you spray them for this reason? Need to buy replacement rubber for my frames.

Hopkinz

« Reply #19 on: Aug 12, 2019, 11:45 AM »

my next net for sure

thanks

np

https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=531081&highlight=nets

This is an older thread talking about rubber nets.
Juls is a walleye guide on Lake Erie and a super moderator @ Walleye Central. She would prolly know which one is best for walleye. Looks like the net model names have changed since 2016.

Hop

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #20 on: Aug 12, 2019, 11:54 AM »
I've had trouble with mice chewing my fish slime infused nets over the winter months. Bothdr rubber and the old knotted style. Dacker, do you spray them for this reason? Need to buy replacement rubber for my frames.

I don't know about the mice but I always spray it after ever outing. Suppose to keep it from getting hard...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.