FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Too many salmon in Chesuncook? 3 salmon limit.  (Read 4760 times)

where R U ?

Re: Too many salmon in Chesuncook? 3 salmon limit.
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2006, 05:52 AM »
Thanks Hoppes,  This will be our big trip of the year, my wife thinks our moose meat was expensive wait till she figures out what wild smoked salmon cost ::)

olbluuu

• Go Big
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2006, 05:29 PM »
Does anyone know if there is still a boat launch at the campsites on Umbazooksus stream on the northern end of Chesuncook?  We launched there years ago but I do not see it on the Delorme map.  Hoping to get up there soon and don't feel like having to turn around.  Any info would be great, thanks
ED
pretty good campsite at umbazooksas stream didn't kno wlaunch was there but camped there twice for a week each. great  campsite fished northeast side of gero island did great both times recommend going deep into streams at northeast side of gero 10-15 fow seemed to be magic ! sawblack bear cubs eating fish with mother in one of those streams hilite of that day! very nice country!

marten

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2006, 06:35 PM »
can a 16 ft be put in at  boat launch at the campsites on Umbazooksus stream on the northern end of Chesuncook it has to be launched off the trailer? thanks marten

olbluuu

• Go Big
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2006, 07:35 PM »
can a 16 ft be put in at  boat launch at the campsites on Umbazooksus stream on the northern end of Chesuncook it has to be launched off the trailer? thanks marten
im not sure never seen boat launch clear the drikai from the campsite shoreline and i think you could launch but not recover that's all i know in the the time i've spent there i never saw too many boats come from the stream itself! there were some but not alot!

Hoppes

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2006, 09:41 PM »
Jeesh, wish I could help you more concerning a 16 footer being launched.  I seem to remember a couple boats that size at the campground, there was an "unimproved" launch people were using but just don't want to steer you wrong.  Call the wardens up in that area, they'll give you the straight skinny.  I was hunting Gero Island in November in 2003 and my canoe was stolen.  (Found it a year later at the northeast most camp)  Temps were hovering around 0 degrees that evening.  Would have shot the ba__tards if I had caught them with my Mad River.  Was 50' up on the shoreline with my paddle and life jacket.  (they left that cause it had my name and address on it)  Plenty of firewood and good friends helped me out of that jam....could have been worse if one was not prepared.......  Good luck on Chesuncook....what a great area to fish and enjoy the outdoors.
Hoppes

pennreels

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2006, 09:49 PM »
Love that area.  Had a good buddy with a camp on Caribou.  They sold it 10 years ago.  It was the only tin roof on the lake at the time. Anyways we always slayed the salmon with smelts through the ice and Mooselooks in the summer.  Would love to get back up there again.  As for boats we used 14' Mirro crafts with 9.9's for power.  To me that is a perfect set up.

olbluuu

• Go Big
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2006, 07:45 AM »
my boat was a 20'grand laker style w/8hp we would put in at northeastern campsite no problem just wore waders to put motor on boat  there is a little sand area to push /pull off boat from shore at the campsite .i asked the guys i went with and they can't seem to remember a boat launch at the umbazooksas straem (too many beeers by the time we reached camp at nite) .the northwest campsite at the stream is where you can launch now that i think about it i remember seeing 2 campers and boats w/trailers parked there remember pulling onshore to a welcome party and boating back around midnite seems you launch there its a sand bank with tracks into water. 4x4 would be nice just for recovery on a sandy launchpadded area but you can launch/recover at the northwestern campsite we never went there because site is a wide open windy site.

where R U ?

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2006, 03:29 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I have never been to the NW campsite, being wide open and windy  may prove a blessing with the bugs.  We may try to camp on Gero so the NW one sounds good, I hope we can get a report from Ed in Sunkook before we go... ???

where R U ?

« Reply #23 on: Jun 03, 2006, 07:32 PM »
Ed at Chesuncook did you get a trip up there yet?  We were hoping to get there Friday but got tied up at work,  maybe just as well tenting in this weather :-\  I hope you did well!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.