FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Cola Cajun Shore Lunch  (Read 2724 times)

grumpymoe

Cola Cajun Shore Lunch
« on: Oct 10, 2004, 09:08 PM »
whew!!!!!.....ran out of beer for battered fish.....waiting to try Cajun Shorelunch...so....next best thing was cola.....WOW!!!!....does this kick b_tt!!!.....on a hot wok....or deep skillet....make your batter and dip...deep fry....and devour!!!...a little kick for those with a soft palate..but does this stuff ever make for a nice change.......Grump 8)

The Rocket

Re: Cola Cajun Shore Lunch
« Reply #1 on: Oct 10, 2004, 09:32 PM »
Is there anything you can't do Grump ;D
You are truely THE MAN
You can either be the type of person that spends a saturday watching Dr. Phil, eating tofu in your bachelor appartment, or you can be the type that goes fishing.... Your call....The bass are biting...

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #2 on: Oct 11, 2004, 06:47 PM »
Now that's what I call improvization ;)

Thriller

• Take a child fishing
« Reply #3 on: Oct 12, 2004, 06:56 PM »
I wouldn't have run out of beer...poor planning grump  8)

Derek

grumpymoe

« Reply #4 on: Oct 12, 2004, 08:04 PM »
once the hot weather drops off, my priority to have beer around diminishes, since we both have a preference to wine.....thought there was a few in the fridge....NOT....so with a few glasses of vino...took a chance on the cola......good choice..by luck or by golly....it worked....Grump

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #5 on: Oct 13, 2004, 11:50 AM »
I wouldn't have run out of beer...poor planning grump 8)

True, should never run out of beer.  But, now you don't have to use it for batter and can drink all of your brewskis instead.  Make sure that you have lots of cola on hand so you don't have to dip into your beer supply now! :rotflol:

TimC1086

« Reply #6 on: Oct 13, 2004, 06:26 PM »
No beer? I'm sorry, I go to college, I'm n ot familiar with the concept of "No beer."

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #7 on: Oct 13, 2004, 09:45 PM »
Tim my man you shall change. Nothing better than a great glass of wine come this time of the year. I however do envy you as I miss those college girls. Such a long time ago it seems. :'( :'( :'(
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

Thriller

• Take a child fishing
« Reply #8 on: Oct 13, 2004, 10:38 PM »
Thanks for the laughs...unfortunately, I can't make my next batch of wine until I fix a leaky valve that has developed in my wine-making area...don't worry about me though...still a fair number of bottles in the basement.  Although, as things cool down, I don't mind having something a bit stronger yet to get me warm and tingly....

Derek

The Rocket

« Reply #9 on: Oct 14, 2004, 12:27 PM »
Tim my man you shall change. Nothing better than a great glass of wine come this time of the year. I however do envy you as I miss those college girls. Such a long time ago it seems. :'( :'( :'(

A Friend of mine makes his own wine, and he's thinking of naming a 60/40 after ME!!
He was thinking of "-Rocket Red> Smooth Table Wine" " Soft Yet Rugget, Sweet And Never Bitter" ]"A collection of Colorado's finest grapes, blended with Rocky Mountain Air and a touch of Elk Feces, Makes Rocket Red a delicious wine for any occasion                                                                             
 ;D ;D ;D                                " Chaque petitee gorgée est fraîche avec les Epices au loin"
You can either be the type of person that spends a saturday watching Dr. Phil, eating tofu in your bachelor appartment, or you can be the type that goes fishing.... Your call....The bass are biting...

Colorado_Ice

• Mmm, Mmm, Good!
« Reply #10 on: Oct 30, 2004, 04:26 PM »
The Rocket,

Get a hold of some Red Rocket Pale Ale. You could make it your signature brew ;)
 Made in Colorado Springs. It's one of my all time favorites.

http://bristolbrewing.com/our_beers.asp?brs_id=9

fozsey

« Reply #11 on: Oct 30, 2004, 04:37 PM »
Call that guy that drives that beer truck and tell him to get his lazy no good dirty rotten @#$#$#$#$ over to your house and fill the cooler b4 you call the brewsky police. Thats just wrong. So, was it regular or unleaded soda?  ;D

grumpymoe

« Reply #12 on: Oct 30, 2004, 05:03 PM »
High Octane Cola.......none of that near coke or whatever they drink....Grump ::)

Colorado_Ice

• Mmm, Mmm, Good!
« Reply #13 on: Oct 30, 2004, 05:12 PM »
I never drink soda pop myself (preferring beverages made from malted barley) but this reminded me of a "ranch beans" recipe that I made up recently that calls for cola. I actually liked those beans so I'll keep this cola for batter idea in mind.

Thanks grumpymoe!

The Rocket

« Reply #14 on: Nov 10, 2004, 01:44 PM »
The Rocket,

Get a hold of some Red Rocket Pale Ale. You could make it your signature brew ;)
 Made in Colorado Springs. It's one of my all time favorites.

http://bristolbrewing.com/beer/beer_rocket.html

Those thieves ;D ;D Using my name without my approval ;D
On a lighter side, My older brother has all the equipment needed to make "Brew"
And since I just moved, he has assured me that the equipment is mine :D
It'll give me something to do this winter when the women become dormant and are hard to catch :rotflol:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.