FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Your Best Summer Memory  (Read 4628 times)

Chucker

Re: Your Best Summer Memory
« Reply #15 on: Nov 04, 2004, 08:21 PM »
Alaskan Dreams left something out..........

He got paid to do it!

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #16 on: Nov 05, 2004, 07:25 AM »
For me my best summer memory wasn't a fishing experience (sorry, I know that this is supposed to be about fishing stories :-\) although I did have some good trips.  My daughter's first year in fast pitch softball (never picked up a softball before April) and she's progressed both as a hitter and a pitcher so much in one year that she's been invited to play for a travel/select team this spring.  My best memory was watching her rip a line drive off the fastest pitcher in the league down the left field line almost taking the third baseman's head. :clapping:

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #17 on: Nov 05, 2004, 09:35 AM »
For me my best summer memory wasn't a fishing experience (sorry, I know that this is supposed to be about fishing stories :-\) although I did have some good trips.  My daughter's first year in fast pitch softball (never picked up a softball before April) and she's progressed both as a hitter and a pitcher so much in one year that she's been invited to play for a travel/select team this spring.  My best memory was watching her rip a line drive off the fastest pitcher in the league down the left field line almost taking the third baseman's head. :clapping:

I hear you, Fat Boy.  I'm getting some of my biggest thrills now using my skills and knowledge putting my son on fish.  We've even started keeping fishing records for him....like I've done for myself since '68.  You know me....the perpetual record keeper.  My son and I have big plans for the ice this year, too.  There's not much better than seeing him get a charge out of this sport that means so much to me!  ;D

Jim C.

fISH2WIN

• Set the hook! They aint got hands
« Reply #18 on: Nov 11, 2004, 08:17 AM »
8/03/04

Darkness fell with a calm and peaceful quiet that can only be felt on a warm summer night. The early storm had cooled down the air and most of the boats had left the lake. Earlier there had been dozens of Jet Ski's and Cruisers churning the lake with a continuous volley of boat wakes.
                         As the stars began to show the lake was calm and peaceful. In a distant hollow you can hear the calling of an owl and shortly you hear another owl answer it from the ridge above. That same ridge is outlined by the glow of the moon starting to rise behind it. The sky turns a dark blue with streaks of white clouds as a moon as big as the world begins to show itself from behind the ridge. What beauty God has provided.
                          Suddenly, all is interrupted by the jerking feel of a bass crushing the Texas rig on the end of my line. I set the hook and watch as the smallmouth races toward the surface. The fish explodes into the air in a beautiful leap that is frozen against the moon lit water. Time stands still for just a brief moment in honor of the fishes majestic leap. Smallmouth are truly special fish.
                            The bite is good that night and many smallmouth repeat that scene as the night wears on. Afterwards one has to reflect and thank God that we are fortunate enough to be born in the land of the free where we can enjoy such simple pleasures. Never take the simple pleasures for granted. They are the best.

This is an article that I wrote for my weekly fishing report in the Knoxville Journal. It was not the most productive trip I had but was one that I will never forget. It was a perfect night top fish. Fish2win

Please do not cast into the trees. Most of the fish are in the water

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.