FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: CATCH AND RELEASE THROUGH THE ICE.  (Read 3218 times)

buzzbomb

Re: CATCH AND RELEASE THROUGH THE ICE.
« Reply #15 on: Nov 18, 2004, 05:51 AM »
Dunno, it only seems to happen to me when fishing in 20' plus  ???

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #16 on: Nov 18, 2004, 07:15 AM »
Hmmm you guys only talk about fish in deep water. I have looked on the internet and I still cannot find any reason that my shallow water (sometimes even only 5 ft. deep) walleyes have their swim bladders up near their mouths? Of course when I catch a walleye unless it is a female with eggs it isn't going back. (icefishing anyway, open water I keep about 3 each time)

Maybe because of your higher elevation to begin with the pressure is greater???

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #17 on: Nov 18, 2004, 06:16 PM »
Hmmm you guys only talk about fish in deep water. I have looked on the internet and I still cannot find any reason that my shallow water (sometimes even only 5 ft. deep) walleyes have their swim bladders up near their mouths? Of course when I catch a walleye unless it is a female with eggs it isn't going back. (icefishing anyway, open water I keep about 3 each time)

Maybe because of your higher elevation to begin with the pressure is greater???

that might be right, but it probably isn't. I am going to fish rifle gap reservoir in hopes to catch a walleye. Hopefully they are still in their and the DOW hasn't screwed it up fully yet.I will see if the swim bladders are poking out there, even though it is about 1000 ft. higher in elevation than my walleye reservoir.
Strange that no other species of fish, even lakers from 50 ft. water, show these syptoms? I am very confused... lord knows I can't ask the biologists from cdow, they don't know their a$$ from their elbow.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.