FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Mexican Fishin!!!!  (Read 1144 times)

slim slinger

Mexican Fishin!!!!
« on: Nov 29, 2004, 12:00 PM »
Hello everyone,
I have just returned from an amazing week of drinking, eating and FISHING in Cancun, Mexico. This was my first trip down there and i had to charter a boat for a day of fishing. Weather conditions were not the best but we made due. We trolled large minows (12") behind our boat at about 1.5 knots. This forced the baits to be right on the surface so we seen every fished stalk and strike the bait often coming out of the water. We landed many barracuda's which made our mighty muskie look like a hammer handle pike. Awesome fights in the deep aqua water. My last fish of the day struck with more power then ever. I was thinking trophy barracuda but when i got the fish to the surface it was a grouper. This capped the day off for me. Although there were many other species around I had a blast fishin topwater barracudas and lucked out with one grouper. With all the beaches, nightlife and Fishin it was an amazing weekend, recommended for all! i do have pics but you will all have to wait until i buy a scanner or get a friend to do it for me..... Good luck this hardwater season!

Slim

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
Re: Mexican Fishin!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2004, 07:17 AM »
Sounds like a fantastic trip.  Look forward to seeing pics!  It stinks being back, don't it? ;D

fozsey

« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2004, 03:36 PM »
Wow. Sounds fun.  ;)

fISH2WIN

• Set the hook! They aint got hands
« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2004, 05:19 PM »
Sounds like a dream trip. We all should have been born rich instead of so good looking. Then we could fish Mexico in the winter and Alaska in the summer. Never work ,Play all the time. Fish2win
Please do not cast into the trees. Most of the fish are in the water

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.