FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Storing hair jigs  (Read 1183 times)

Pygmy

Storing hair jigs
« on: Jan 16, 2005, 12:32 PM »
I tie and fish a lot of lead head hair jigs...However, I've never had a really good way to store and carry them...I put them in  plastic boxes and they eventually end up a mess, all tangled together... Years ago I used a folding "wallet" type carrier called " Uncle Buck's Bug Book"  that worked fairly well..It empolyed foam rubber pages...  What I'd really like to find is some kind of hard container that I could buy or make easily that would keep my jigs separated and in good shape..

How do you all carry your hair jigs..??

monarkman

Re: Storing hair jigs
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2005, 05:49 PM »
Pygmy,I really never give it much thought on how you  store them, but your right usually end up in a mess.

seaweed01

« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2005, 07:49 PM »
Are you fishing from a boat or wading/walking?  If you are in a boat
it should be no problem. Just put them in a tackle box and they will
be sorted ok. Now walking/wading is  another problem.

suskymusky

« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2005, 05:12 PM »
I store all of my bucktails in plastic bags.Once the head cement dries they go right into plastic bags.They stay nice and neat.When I bo fishing I just take a few packs, and dry them thouruoghly before I store them.They're cheap, only like a penny each.You can get them from Stamina or Jannsnetcraft, or any lure building supplier.Here are the ones I use...http://www.staminainc.com/packaging_materials/poly_bags2.html
"IMAGINATION is more important than KNOWLEDGE" Albert Einstein

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.