FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Trolling Dipsy's  (Read 753 times)

toguetaker

Trolling Dipsy's
« on: May 10, 2005, 10:00 AM »
Hello Guy's, I am a die hard lead core and big spoon togue trolling fool. I am looking into buying a Dipsy diver and giving it a try. I have read all the info on the Luhr Jensen site and now I am asking the experts. How do you like them and how do you think they would compare to the lead core, spoons method? Any suggestions,comments?

eyedoktr

Re: Trolling Dipsy's
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 11:56 AM »
Both leadcore and Dipseys have their place. I use both often on Lake Erie. They will each put a different action on whatever bait you use behind them. The leadcore is more subtle but more affected by speed in my opinion. I also always use a snubber behind my dipsey. Alot of people think that snubbers are not necessary for walleye but as I use Fireline, I like to have that little insurance.
Pete Lewis

Dr. IceGeek

Re: Trolling Dipsy's
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 12:23 PM »
I've used both and certainly as eyedktr states, they both have their place in your trolling arsenal.   Some days it seems like the fish really prefer the dipseys, and I think in some ways they act as an attractant in the same way a flasher might, only more subtle.   I've trolled everything from spoons, and stickbaits behind dipseys, and also cutbait.  give em a try.  If you don't like em, you can always give them to me  ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.