FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Beautiful brook trout mount out of one of my ponds  (Read 4861 times)

taxid

Re: Beautiful brook trout mount out of one of my ponds
« Reply #15 on: Aug 25, 2017, 11:19 AM »
Fishfarmer I put a Kasco surface aerator in the trout ponds and the water temps have come down even further at night. Water temps have dropped to 53.6 F when we get cool nights. I was pleasantly surprised!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

CHEZ2

« Reply #16 on: Aug 25, 2017, 11:44 AM »
Great mount indeed.both of them.

taxid

« Reply #17 on: Sep 08, 2017, 06:54 PM »
Water temp in the trout pond was 49 F. this morning with night time air temp lows dropping into the 40's.  Have decided to seine and move all the trout to the big pond that does not get well water once that pond stays in the 50's consistently. It's at about 60 F. now. This vs. the stress of holding and sorting to get 50 of each species left in the trout pond. I can do that in the spring. It also means I can drain and clean up the trout pond before refilling. Also only run one diffuser in the big pond and shut off the well pump until next May.
The big pond has 10 X the volume of the trout pond.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.