FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Is this typical with BPS orders?  (Read 2015 times)

taxid

Is this typical with BPS orders?
« on: Aug 22, 2017, 12:49 PM »
Went online to order but wanted to check availably first. No response. Then I ordered, and was immediately told the item I wanted was out of stock, and would be backordered. I should get it within 30 days but I can email or call to cancel the order.

So fine, I email to cancel the order. I'm told no I can't cancel the order as it's now processing. Apparently it's now on its' way?

Well that's great, but can't say I've ever run into this with any other mail order company. Sounds like a crappy way to do business.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
Re: Is this typical with BPS orders?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 22, 2017, 07:26 PM »
Having never shopped at BPS I'm not sure, but at Cabela's on-line I first put item in CART and it will tell you if it is stock or back ordered....h2l

boondox

« Reply #2 on: Aug 22, 2017, 07:38 PM »
Went online to order but wanted to check availably first. No response. Then I ordered, and was immediately told the item I wanted was out of stock, and would be backordered. I should get it within 30 days but I can email or call to cancel the order.

So fine, I email to cancel the order. I'm told no I can't cancel the order as it's now processing. Apparently it's now on its' way?

Well that's great, but can't say I've ever run into this with any other mail order company. Sounds like a crappy way to do business.

Had similar problems my self with a $5.96  lure they said since it's more then $5 they can not cancel the back order...  that was the last time I shopped there about 5 years ago.. it is p.o.ed me cause it was a customers request.  By the way don't use pay pal at any stores except ebay reason is they will only give s gift card if you return a item gander mtn had sign all over same with dicks around here.  Feel sorry for those that did not catch it in time..

taxid

« Reply #3 on: Aug 22, 2017, 08:49 PM »
Sounds about right.

My lures are supposed to be on their way.  ::)
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #4 on: Aug 22, 2017, 08:51 PM »
Having never shopped at BPS I'm not sure, but at Cabela's on-line I first put item in CART and it will tell you if it is stock or back ordered....h2l

I don't remember seeing anything like that but may have missed it. I've been know to be dense more than once.  ::)

taxid

« Reply #5 on: Aug 25, 2017, 06:36 AM »
I got one out four lures ordered.  No clue on when the other three will arrive. Was able to find one at a local Bait & Tackle store. Only one left there.

bart

• Gone fish'n, not wish'n
« Reply #6 on: Aug 25, 2017, 06:38 AM »
I don't care for the changes they made with their site, it was much better before??? It is a pain to find everything now and my cart kept getting dumped, then restart the whole thing. I have ordered things listed "In Stock" , thank you for your order... then several "Bass Pro Shops Order Updates" followed, either "Back Ordered" or "Not Available"??? Not happy...  :-\

OH yeah, I couldn't cancel the order online also. I did call and cancelled.

KEEP AMERICA GREAT!  God Bless America!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

taxid

« Reply #7 on: Aug 25, 2017, 11:15 AM »
Maybe BPS is just getting too big? My brother who graduated with a business degree (I could only stomach that school and the other students for a year) says some many corps when they get really big loose focus and start screwing up a lot. The only saving grace for them is their size.

gundogwanted

« Reply #8 on: Aug 25, 2017, 11:27 AM »

You're right, but lets wait and see how Cabela's goes when it is Bass Pro.
Equal Billing: Crankbait degrees; Typically, the narrower the bill, the tighter the wiggle; the wider the bill, the wider the wobble.

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #9 on: Aug 25, 2017, 03:23 PM »
I stopped ordering from BPS after they screwed up three orders in a row on me, and their customer service was not helpful even slightly.   Shame too, 'cause i really like some of their stuff.

taxid

« Reply #10 on: Aug 27, 2017, 03:35 PM »
Got the rest of my order yesterday after I was already on the lake.  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.