FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: it's gettin quiet over here  (Read 9447 times)

lowaccord66

Re: it's gettin quiet over here
« Reply #45 on: Nov 11, 2017, 06:45 PM »
Nothing wrong with sideways..it's a sideways time of year... I turn as well...have for 40+ years... mostly striper plugs.. but I make deer,turkey and duck calls... base ball bats ( a few times).. bowls...pens and other trinkets I give away for Christmas gifts...

my shop is mostly set up for plug making.... One ( of 3) lathe is set up just for drilling..... the whole shop is supported on a 1500CFM Penn state industries cyclone dust collector...I run every thing except one small table top band saw on 220 volt...

You taught Jimmy a thing or two as well.  That jointed eel is magical!  He started to teach me a thing or 2...man that is a lot of work and practice to get it right!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #46 on: Nov 12, 2017, 03:26 AM »
We'd like to see some pics of those plugs and maybe some of your shop in process.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

kfishdoctor

« Reply #47 on: Nov 12, 2017, 07:55 AM »

Popped in to the Shanty a few times. They still can't decide which drill, auger, sonar, bibs, boots or Shanty is best :-\

Dont need none of these things for my ice. Just a glass and tea!

Roccus

« Reply #48 on: Dec 21, 2017, 06:04 AM »
We'd like to see some pics of those plugs and maybe some of your shop in process.

Rg
I don't have any pictures of my shop right now.... I do have a picture of the plugs I made to donate to Ice shanty new Hampshire raffle last year..

rivereddy

« Reply #49 on: Dec 22, 2017, 02:09 PM »
Yep, it's "tweener" season in the Midwest -  too much ice for the boat and not enough to walk on yet. The last 3 weeks temps have bounced between mid teens and mid 50s.  Did get into some nice channels cats below a  USACE dam last week.

fish on,

rivereddy

kfishdoctor

« Reply #50 on: Dec 22, 2017, 08:51 PM »
Yep, it's "tweener" season in the Midwest -  too much ice for the boat and not enough to walk on yet. The last 3 weeks temps have bounced between mid teens and mid 50s.  Did get into some nice channels cats below a  USACE dam last week.

fish on,

rivereddy
Perch fishin from shore here has been great. By this time of year I normally have had the poles put away for at least a month. I fished tues in a long sleve shirt and got my 5th limit of perchies. Need 1 more good day and I will be happy. Glad to see you got out and had a good time catching. Are you around the Indy area?

kfishdoctor

« Reply #51 on: Jan 22, 2018, 08:31 PM »
As I said in a new thread, ice ice baby, will be gone gone baby and I wil be fishen this weekend with a bobber bobber baby!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #52 on: Jan 23, 2018, 03:45 AM »
Took some time to ice fish yesterday. Went to Keuka, my favorite spot. Got there in the dark, went out at first light. Iced 8 big perch in the first hour and then they went to sleep. The next five hours.......nada. It was interesting out there. Fog started to develop early.

By 9am no shore in any direction was visible.

I always carried a compass in the old days. Now my phone has compass and gps. Didn't help me catch any more fish.....but at least I got ihome safe.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

kfishdoctor

« Reply #53 on: Jan 23, 2018, 07:20 PM »
That had to have to heart pounding. Glad it worked out and you caught a few. Thats another reason I say ice should only be found in a glass chilling tea in 90 degree weather!

Mac Attack

« Reply #54 on: Jan 23, 2018, 07:37 PM »
That had to have to heart pounding. Glad it worked out and you caught a few. Thats another reason I say ice should only be found in a glass chilling tea in 90 degree weather!

single malt

but only a cube or two

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #55 on: Jan 24, 2018, 04:56 PM »
Yuck! Now single barrel bourbon............👍

Wasn't really to exciting kfish. I've fished the lake all my life. I can sense which way to go.  ;D

Rg

Mac Attack

« Reply #56 on: Jan 24, 2018, 05:46 PM »

Yuck! Now single barrel bourbon............👍

Rg

We need to hook up and do a serious taste test Bob.

With poles

On the canal

8)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #57 on: Jan 25, 2018, 03:21 AM »
I'm willling! But......Multi- tasking doesn't work for me. I drink or fish. Not both at the same time.   Canal is gonna be hot this summer. They didn't drain the section near my home for some reason. It's always better when they don't drain it down to the bottom.

Rg

Mac Attack

« Reply #58 on: Jan 25, 2018, 07:10 AM »
Ok

Spider1

« Reply #59 on: Feb 19, 2018, 07:49 AM »
hey guys, more of a bourbon man myself but...  did you say single barrel?

the ice season is ending early... again, so my gear is packed up and I'm starting to look at ice as something floating in my glass or in the way of my kayak.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.