FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Early spring  (Read 5122 times)

boondox

Early spring
« on: Jan 25, 2018, 11:13 AM »
Any one else thinking early spring?? Or just hopeing for a early spring??

big_guy_13021

Re: Early spring
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2018, 04:59 PM »
Howdy boondox how ya been...im really hoping for an early spring...

boondox

« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2018, 05:21 PM »
Been good! how bout you?? The way the ice is at this point looks like a early spring..  unless it hardens back up? I think it to late for that.. also think ice seasons over I do..

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2018, 05:27 PM »
Our ice usually goes out about the same time every year ,give or take a week eather wab but usually the second  week of April..   So the last week in April i will be in the boat...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

big_guy_13021

« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2018, 08:09 PM »
Our safe ice is usually gone the last week a feb just when the crappie bite really gets going. Thats ok im waiting for open water...i have all my ice fishing things put away..2 days a cold and now hi 40s all weekend ..one bad expierence this yr on ice makes me not care if i go again or not this yr...i been good boondox.tryin to stay outta trouble

boondox

« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2018, 10:16 PM »
Our safe ice is usually gone the last week a feb just when the crappie bite really gets going. Thats ok im waiting for open water...i have all my ice fishing things put away..2 days a cold and now hi 40s all weekend ..one bad expierence this yr on ice makes me not care if i go again or not this yr...i been good boondox.tryin to stay outta trouble

Good attitude on the ice fishing.. by living to tell a tale and dieing another day .. by learning to read the weather and when to get off ice! And good idea to put the gear away like you and I did..  when this kind of weather strikes.. ya and keep out of trouble.. lol's

big_guy_13021

« Reply #6 on: Jan 25, 2018, 11:13 PM »
2 weeks ago my foot went through a double drilled hole i didnt see it water on black ice good thing my good buddy fishslayer was with me he got got my size 14 boot out of the hole he didnt see it either but he felt the ice shake when i crash landed..left leg went straight down rite leg went straight out to the right....still hurts pretty good hair line fractures on hip...

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #7 on: Jan 26, 2018, 02:59 AM »
Sorry you got hurt Bigguy.
I was out on Keuka last Monday and saw several really stupid leftovers from the weekend. One group had obviously chainsawed a 3'x3' square and left it unmarked and open. Saw several spots where some moron drilled 4 holes to make a 12x 12" hole.  There were a lot of 10" holes around. Had to watch your step for sure.

First part of February is looking cold. I'd like to get in a couple more trips on the ice. I'm headed back to Keuka today. Personally, I'd be happy to have the boat in the water on my birthday. 3/16. But, what I look forward to every year is the spring perch and bullhead fishing.

It'll get here in it's own good time.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #8 on: Jan 26, 2018, 08:08 AM »
Bob
I saw in the BN yesterday that Keuka was open.  And there was a launch open and guys were getting perch from boats.
I’ll post a link in a bit from the laptop
Mac

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #9 on: Jan 26, 2018, 08:56 AM »
Here's the Keuka reference, and the full fishing report can be found at the link below it:

Keuka Lake

Ethan Sleeman hit the open water on Keuka on Monday and was rewarded with some good perch catches. The Branchport launch is open for business.

http://buffalonews.com/2018/01/24/the-fishing-beat-26/

Mac Attack

« Reply #10 on: Jan 26, 2018, 10:10 AM »
thanks

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #11 on: Jan 26, 2018, 03:39 PM »
That's the Branchport side. I fish the Penn Yan side. The branchport side is way deeper and seldom freezes over completely. Not unusual for it to be completely open. The Penn Yan side is much shallower and freezes most every year..

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #12 on: Jan 28, 2018, 08:10 AM »
Only 51 days till spring..   Bring it on.....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

boondox

« Reply #13 on: Jan 28, 2018, 09:05 PM »
Only 51 days till spring..   Bring it on.....

Ya water temp I checked today is 33.8*f on the river..  that mean the water is warming up..and teetering..   but there is a cold front for a week and a half coming in..  I can see that far out.. so thinking it may drop in temp for a while then come back up?? Our ice is gone for sure  by March .. this is  around when they plant the stocker trout from the hatcherys..   that opens to catch and release April 1..  they plant those around march 15 but right now our ice sucks and is not going to get any better!! looks like stuff is slowing down on ice shanty .com too ?? Cause people are noticing .. ya the calender first day of spring is 51 days away..  but its not when we get to fish early..   cause the spring thaw arived early..

boondox

« Reply #14 on: Jan 28, 2018, 09:08 PM »
2 weeks ago my foot went through a double drilled hole i didnt see it water on black ice good thing my good buddy fishslayer was with me he got got my size 14 boot out of the hole he didnt see it either but he felt the ice shake when i crash landed..left leg went straight down rite leg went straight out to the right....still hurts pretty good hair line fractures on hip...

Sorry you got hurt on fall . any how hopefully you feel better in a few weeks cause i am thinking and hopeing ice out  arives early like it has the last couple years.. around march 1 or before..cause they plant hatchery trout around march 15 aprox and we get to fish them around the first of April .. but do get well soon hopefully you get out fishing..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.