FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Crappie Reports? Please Provide Coordinates, Lures and Colors Used. :)  (Read 2274 times)

CLAMFARMER

I’m looking at getting out, hopefully mid-May. The places near me aren’t open yet, at least as of last week.

There’s a new place I really wanna try. good size crappy and LOTS of blow downs in the water.

Any of you been after em?

Also found a place near me with big yellow perch! I don’t know if they’re grubby, but I’ll be checking later on.
\"It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.”<br />

lunkahville

Take it for what it's worth. But weedlines seem to be where infer most of my open water crappie. Troll til I hook one then turn and start plug fishing. Bu t i think your on go something with the sunken timber

seamonkey84

One of my favorite little lakes to fish for bass and perch, also has some crappie in it. The only two crappie I’ve pulled through the ice were both from this lake, and it’s the only time I’ve ever caught them there. I’m going to have to do some searching to see where they hold up and see what kind of population is actually in there.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

CLAMFARMER

Take it for what it's worth. But weedlines seem to be where infer most of my open water crappie. Troll til I hook one then turn and start plug fishing. Bu t i think your on go something with the sunken timber
As soon as that water warms up, the crappie will be right in those blow downsand other cover!
They move out again after the spawn.
\"It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.”<br />

woodchip1

They say water temp has to be about 50° My spot I check every 3 to 4 days after ice out  ,when they move in its a hot catch.

CLAMFARMER

They say water temp has to be about 50° My spot I check every 3 to 4 days after ice out  ,when they move in its a hot catch.

You have ice out up there?

woodchip1

Lot of smaller lakes and ponds around Cumberland county are out Little Sebago went out yesterday 

CLAMFARMER

Lot of smaller lakes and ponds around Cumberland county are out Little Sebago went out yesterday
I’m going to have to take a ride to check my area

bee

Only one so far. 102 slab yellows today.
Hookum & Cookum Otherwise Releaseum

woodchip1

Bee whats the water temp there?

CLAMFARMER

Only one so far. 102 slab yellows today.
NICE! a pond up this way seems to have grown big yellows. Many over a pound! What did you get them on?  ;D

Dankenstein

43°40'23.15"N,  70°15'5.56"W
Different kind, wear a mask. Not sure if colors or lures really matter. If they are there they will bite anything.  :P

bee

bee

NICE! a pond up this way seems to have grown big yellows. Many over a pound! What did you get them on?  ;D
  1 1/2 red tube

woodchip1

With this sun  the hot Crappie bite is only a few days away.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.