FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Stupid question about life vest...  (Read 4229 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: Stupid question about life vest...
« Reply #15 on: Jun 25, 2018, 07:45 AM »
i have  my boat  an  equipment checked  each year  at the  coast guard station  takes a  few  minutes  but well worth it  however the  state  and  local laws  can be  different so a   call to  your  dec  and   sheriffs office  won't hurt ......
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
« Reply #16 on: Jun 29, 2018, 09:54 PM »
Inflatable pfd's can be type l, ll, lll or V and all are acceptable as long as in good shape an has coast guard approval tag
I'm retired coast guard...but been retired 20yrs.
icejohn
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

filetandrelease

« Reply #17 on: Jun 30, 2018, 08:49 AM »
Some need back up if not worn

lowaccord66

« Reply #18 on: Jun 30, 2018, 09:07 AM »
Inflatable pfd's can be type l, ll, lll or V and all are acceptable as long as in good shape an has coast guard approval tag
I'm retired coast guard...but been retired 20yrs.
icejohn

Thanks for your service.

filetandrelease

« Reply #19 on: Jun 30, 2018, 09:09 AM »

taxid

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
Wicked Wec

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #22 on: Jul 03, 2018, 08:40 AM »
Funny story icejohn.

Few years back on my old boat (21' striper seaswirl) took it out to Brenton reef (RI) and as soon as we got there and ran a drift for bass the engine would not start back up. long story short one of the wires in the engine melted somehow and upon calling sea tow they wanted $1100 to tow us back. I laughed. Called the coastguard and asked them if they could tow us in and they said no. Called them again and said our anchor line was too short (it was - 120' of water) and we were drifting away to sea towards block island and the open ocean. They called back and said they were running ashes out to sea and would grab us on the way back. Sure enough they did and I could not thank them enough! I offered them all $$ to grab lunch but they declined. I ended up sending them a nice letter and gift card to subway as a thank you.

Wicked Wec

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
« Reply #23 on: Jul 08, 2018, 10:05 PM »
Funny story icejohn.

Few years back on my old boat (21' striper seaswirl) took it out to Brenton reef (RI) and as soon as we got there and ran a drift for bass the engine would not start back up. long story short one of the wires in the engine melted somehow and upon calling sea tow they wanted $1100 to tow us back. I laughed. Called the coastguard and asked them if they could tow us in and they said no. Called them again and said our anchor line was too short (it was - 120' of water) and we were drifting away to sea towards block island and the open ocean. They called back and said they were running ashes out to sea and would grab us on the way back. Sure enough they did and I could not thank them enough! I offered them all $$ to grab lunch but they declined. I ended up sending them a nice letter and gift card to subway as a thank you.
Sharps...we used to tow boats all the time but local marinas and tow companies started to complain that we were taking money away from their businesses so we had to refer the towing to available businesses except for emergencies and the satisfaction of being able to help by doing our jobs is all that we need...although once in a while we were surprized with some pizzas sent to the station...glad they were able to help you.
John
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.