FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 512950 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #2655 on: Oct 04, 2018, 11:18 AM »
Sounds great Bob.  I see a trade in order here.. ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2656 on: Oct 04, 2018, 11:21 AM »
Put a bunch of mums in the side-by-side yesyerday and after i took them out this guy was in there... ;D

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2657 on: Oct 04, 2018, 11:24 AM »
Today i picked up a pumpkin for a nice lady  and this was under it...    ::) ::)

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #2658 on: Oct 04, 2018, 12:27 PM »
Toss em' on the grill! Teriyaki
Wicked Wec

wallyworld

« Reply #2659 on: Oct 04, 2018, 01:19 PM »
 :o :pinch: on both finds

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2660 on: Oct 04, 2018, 01:46 PM »

wallyworld

« Reply #2661 on: Oct 04, 2018, 01:58 PM »
Yup that's my song  :w00t:

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2662 on: Oct 07, 2018, 06:51 AM »
wish i could grow cabbage and Brussels sprouts like the ones i picked up at the farmers stand.....

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2663 on: Oct 10, 2018, 11:47 AM »
Took the electric fence down the other day and all ready have deer hoof prints in my raised beds...

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2664 on: Oct 10, 2018, 06:24 PM »
Picked up seed garlic today from a nearby farm market. They grow really good produce. Also got a pint of roasting chestnuts and some fresh tomatoes.love a good family farm stand.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #2665 on: Oct 17, 2018, 05:22 PM »
Hated doing it, but I stripped the tomatoes, peppers, and egg plants tonight with the threat of this freeze tonight.  Heck the peppers are still blossoming!  :'(
I also took a beautiful basketball sized cauliflower.  :)
I left the broccoli, Brussels, and cabbage. They'll survive this little cold snap! Grrrrrr!  >:(
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2666 on: Oct 18, 2018, 03:08 AM »
Yeah Bill, I picked the jalapeņos and the last of the yellow plum tomatoes last Sunday. Planted 155 cloves of garlic and cut back some of the flowers I had left. 35 here right now. I'd imagine e rest of my flowers will be drooping this morning.

Ah well....another season passes.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

filetandrelease

« Reply #2667 on: Oct 18, 2018, 07:19 AM »

Picked my last tomatoe yesterday, few beans left and maybe a pepper or 2 , time to pull it all , grabbed the last of my squash late last week

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2668 on: Oct 18, 2018, 07:59 AM »
Pulled mine all last week..
Got some weed roots to dig out and add more compost and im good.
Still have to clean the big pots on the deck..  They looked like this at 6am..

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2669 on: Oct 18, 2018, 05:00 PM »
We had some icy rain but no snow. I'll be plowing this winter but I'm not ready just yet. Tomorrow night looks like a campfire and bourbon night to us. Big old fire.......moderate bourbon. Seems like a short fall this year. Leaves haven't really changed or fallen and we've got freezing temps in the forecast.

What happened to "Indian Summer"?

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.