FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Open season no limits on everything  (Read 4327 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: Open season no limits on everything
« Reply #15 on: Dec 16, 2021, 05:33 PM »
as long as  no one  keeps  any 7 inch  blue   gills  and  only keep 15  i don't care  we  can always stock more walleyes
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

trapper2000

« Reply #16 on: Dec 16, 2021, 05:34 PM »
by the  way  just like  the  panfish rules  just like the trout rules   this  is already decided  your wasting your time   getting upset

jperch

« Reply #17 on: Dec 17, 2021, 11:17 AM »
I am not a lawyer, this is hard for me to understand.  Is this a big change from the existing laws?  I thought that generally speaking the game laws did not apply to native americans on their lands.  For example, I heard they were able to harvest some sturgeon on reservation lands that bordered the St. Lawrence.  Or does this mean the laws have changed for them off of their lands? 

filetandrelease

« Reply #18 on: Dec 17, 2021, 11:52 AM »

I’m hoping Bruce gets the low down and passes along what he finds out

lowaccord66

« Reply #19 on: Dec 17, 2021, 11:57 AM »
My fathers grandmother was 100% cherokee.  I am not tribal but pretty d**n close. While I can understand the concerns, I am rather surprised by some of the comments.  Comments that seem to lack common decency or respect towards a group of people that lost their lifestyle so we could enjoy ours. 

Meanwhile, we allow open ocean trawling by commercial fleets decimating serveral species.  Releasing 30 miles of dead stripers (have seen this personally) as fluke bycatch and everyone is up in arms about this minority group getting a small change in their favor.  Pretty disgusting.

62 & Done

« Reply #20 on: Dec 17, 2021, 12:24 PM »
Rules are rules and should apply to every one   I'm really sorry the native peoples got a bum wrap 5 or 6 generations ago  that doesn't mean they need a free pass now  times have changed     When deer season is closed or a walleye needs to be 15"  that is just the way it is and should stand for every one regardless of who gramma's  grampa was   That's just the way I see it    I too have Indian ancestry   I'm an american now

FrankM

« Reply #21 on: Dec 17, 2021, 01:15 PM »
The worst thing about this legislation is that section 3 is so poorly written that it is difficult for a person of average intelligence to understand how our game laws will apply to Indians off their tribal territory. Unfortunately this stuff is done deliberately to provide economic opportunity for lawyers. It is sold to the general public as being some altruistic example of "doing the right thing".
Kool Aid Kool Aid, Tastes Great, Wish we had some, can't wait.

reeleyz

« Reply #22 on: Dec 17, 2021, 02:18 PM »
I’m hoping Bruce gets the low down and passes along what he finds out

I am no expert on this either. I just know that the DEC was never consulted for their input.

Not really something I want to get into on here.

Everyone can read it for themselves and form their own opinion and voice it.

filetandrelease

« Reply #23 on: Dec 17, 2021, 03:58 PM »

Ok thanks Bruce

trapper2000

« Reply #24 on: Dec 17, 2021, 05:24 PM »
what we  say  ain't going to make  no difference .......two reason  the  the law  was written  before we  ever seen it and  2  sportsmen don't stick together ..............i  can't keep  15  bluegills  without a  fine  but i  can smoke a  fatty in the  parking lot legally  ...i  can't  keep a  7 inch bluegill  but some people  can  keep all the  7 inch walleyes they  want  :rotflol:

the  ole trapper warned you the stupidity wasn't going to  end  but  no one  listen ....suck it up buttercup....wait to you see what they do next

started  with trout   then panfish  now  walleyes 

reeleyz

« Reply #25 on: Dec 17, 2021, 08:01 PM »
Ok thanks Bruce

What I will say is that I think the wording sucks. It could make it hard for the DEC to enforce.

Sent you a PM.

Badbrad2186

« Reply #26 on: Dec 17, 2021, 08:16 PM »
what we  say  ain't going to make  no difference .......two reason  the  the law  was written  before we  ever seen it and  2  sportsmen don't stick together ..............i  can't keep  15  bluegills  without a  fine  but i  can smoke a  fatty in the  parking lot legally  ...i  can't  keep a  7 inch bluegill  but some people  can  keep all the  7 inch walleyes they  want  :rotflol:

the  ole trapper warned you the stupidity wasn't going to  end  but  no one  listen ....suck it up buttercup....wait to you see what they do next

started  with trout   then panfish  now  walleyes

I don't understand what smoking dope has to do with this you always bring that up I'm sure when state budgets are passed with no increase to your taxes your eyes will change on the legal dope making millions in tax dollars in every legal state. The city of Chicago alone sold over 1 millions dollars worth on the first day it was legal so your barking up the wrong tree there weed is what will stimulate this economy

wertty

« Reply #27 on: Dec 18, 2021, 01:22 AM »
its there res let them do as they please.off res they are  bound by same laws as we are.  whats the beef? case closed  i hope

reeleyz

« Reply #28 on: Dec 18, 2021, 06:24 AM »
Anything ON or OFF of a reservation would be fair game unless the species is protected or the species is “in danger”.

“Allows hunting, fishing, or sale of otherwise prohibited species by citizens of an Indian nation tribe who are exercising a hunting or fishing right reserved by a treaty to which such tribe is a party; includes exceptions for certain species that need protection.”

“To ensure that citizens of Native nations and tribes can exercise hunt-
ing and fishing rights provided under a treaty are not subject to state
laws or regulations, unless such activities take place off of reserva-
tion lands, and the preservation of a species would be in danger.”

oneida1

« Reply #29 on: Dec 18, 2021, 10:23 AM »
Not sure but resereved by treaty rights I believe means indian owned property , could be wrong

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.