FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Green light complete charge won't come on with Minn kota battery charger  (Read 1484 times)

taxid

Is it worth fixing or should I get a new one?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

appleye

Are you sure it's the charger and not a battery? Other wise I would change it out, drives me nuts no know if the boat's ready or not.

taxid

Pretty sure it's the charger as I tried it on a new battery and almost a day later still not green. That said I'm going to do some experimenting as I do have a battery level gauge.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Buy an inexpensive multimeter. Not only can you check the charger output, but accurately check the battery charge level.

You won't be  guessing.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

taxid

Thanks applyeye and rgfixit!

joefishmore

You buying a multimeter  I  had a real bad experience there at Radioshack.

taxid

You buying a multimeter  I  had a real bad experience there at Radioshack.

No sure what you mean?

taxid

put the charger on the car or other battery and see if it tops off.

Good idea!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.