FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The Happy Troller?  (Read 4216 times)

TonyD

Re: The Happy Troller?
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2007, 06:26 PM »
A new boat? :o 

Yes, I did forget to mention I guess -   it's a 19ft Grady White  Outboard of course. I don't have any pictures that will show the stern of the boat. i'll see if I can get a picture tomorrow so I could show you what i mean when I say there is no room for a kicker... who knows, maybe I am wrong, perhaps I CAN put a kicker on there...

Although, in the meantime, I have a drift sock on order. just waiting for it in the mail.

Actually..  here is a good picture maybe somewhat.. 

TrekJeff

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2007, 08:57 PM »
Nice, my dad had an older Grady.  He ran a kicker motor off the back.  It went on a mounting plate that could lift out of the water when on plane.  When we would troll, the mounting plate would then swing down and put the lower unit in the water.  If you know what a parallel ruler is think of that at the plate.  One side is bolted on to the back of the transom, the other side of it to the kicker motor.  The whole deal was hinged with a heavy spring.  It was the way to go.  I wish i had a pic to show ya, but there is possibilities if the sock doesn't work.

Slammerman

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2007, 08:37 PM »
I use both a Beaver-Trol hydraulic trolling plate and Amish Outfitter "buggy-bags". I have a 1974 SS235 Slickcraft hard-top with Mercruiser Alpha i/o outdrive.

I use the plate more to slow me down while fighting fish but have the bags out ALL of the time. It's like putting your boat into "4X4 LOW".

-Matt
www.slammertipup.com
"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"

TonyD

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2007, 01:45 AM »
Interesting, slammerman. Thanks for the note.

In the meantime, I received my order from Cabelas, a 44" drift sock. Hopefully it's not too big. I have yet to give it a try but I will update the thread when I do.

Ice Dawg

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2007, 08:32 AM »
Interesting, slammerman. Thanks for the note.

In the meantime, I received my order from Cabelas, a 44" drift sock. Hopefully it's not too big. I have yet to give it a try but I will update the thread when I do.

Another thing that helps to slow you down when trolling is to trim your motor all the way out or up whichever you call it.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.