FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Carp 2024  (Read 272 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Carp 2024
« on: May 12, 2024, 09:07 AM »
Finally got a day off where I didn’t have to do anything other than go carpin’.
Went 7 for 9 in 2 1/2 hours.

The last one was big. That net is 18x24”.  First on of the morning  snapped  30 lb braid. Had my drag set too tight. Lost another one later on.

My arms are tired.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Carp 2024
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2024, 09:18 AM »
Great job. They sure do put up a good fight….
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

62 & Done

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2024, 11:12 AM »
This one came into my canoe last week while fishing for crappie & gills with an ultra light on 4 lb test.  It took a while.

Have to get busy with the fly rod soon.

Johnnh

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2024, 09:30 AM »
Long version

Brings back a memorable day in July in 1985 on the Saint Lawrence in Cape Vincent. It was a rainy and very windy day and i  decided to leave the boat on the trailer. I sat on the old concrete dock at the boat launch fishing with an ultra light spinning rod with 4lb mono, small hook and a worm. I was catching lots of sun fish, and blue gills. I got the usual tap on the line and set the hook and off she went - burning drag. It was at least 10 minutes until that fat tail came out of the water and I finally knew what I was fighting. It was a BIG Carp. It kept making long runs and I got down to so little line left, I could see the base of the spool.
It was probably close to 1/2 hour until I got the fish in. A teen aged boy climbed down on the rock and grabbed the carp and brought it up onto  the dock. I weighed it - drum roll : just over 31lbs.
I let the fatso go and have never forgotten that amazing battle.

lowaccord66

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2024, 10:27 AM »
Nice carp, not a bad way to spend a few hours!

62 & Done

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2024, 04:07 PM »
They are fun, be he put a serious dent int my bluegill fishing time as I was there for only a couple hours.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.