FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NY Fisherman Hunting and BS'n Thread  (Read 336800 times)

SeanP

• Formally known as SPN
Re: NY Fisherman Hunting and BS'n Thread
« Reply #1395 on: Oct 15, 2020, 01:37 PM »
It might be tough to keep my finger off the trigger on that one. I would love to see him next year though!

He would eat just fine!!!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1396 on: Oct 15, 2020, 02:55 PM »
He has an extra soup stirring stick.. 8)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

old man river

« Reply #1397 on: Oct 16, 2020, 11:38 AM »
 send him my way HEE HEE
you better get him before
someone else does.
 it would be bad if
 coyote's and cars ,
night hunters that DONT care ?
just my opinion
ralph

kc

« Reply #1398 on: Oct 16, 2020, 06:16 PM »
I know how you feel DD I can't bow hunt this yr either still recovering from my back surgery but little guy will be out in my spot this yr..his first yr bow hunting .ill be able to hunt with crossbow..if you guys haven't heard go to Dec website comments and comment.there trying to open muzzle loader and crossbow from Dec 26th through Jan 1rst..so comment we can hunt longer with crossbow and muzzle loader..good luck and hope you all have a safe and successful season..GO COMMENT..i know it's for southern zone not sure about other zones

You best check on that. I heard crossbows would NOT be allowed

reeleyz

« Reply #1399 on: Oct 16, 2020, 08:09 PM »
It’s game on tomorrow in the northern zone. Muzzleloader opens. I almost feel bad for the deer.  :-\

Good luck to anyone getting out.

Badbrad2186

« Reply #1400 on: Oct 16, 2020, 09:29 PM »
You best check on that. I heard crossbows would NOT be allowed

If they extend muzzleloader season you will be able to use a crossbow because as far as New York state is concerned a crossbow is a muzzle loader as you nee a muzzle loader tag to use it so they will be up schitz creek on that one. If it's not a muzzle loader then I should need an archery tag to use it not a muzzle loader tag

kc

« Reply #1401 on: Oct 17, 2020, 09:45 PM »
If they extend muzzleloader season you will be able to use a crossbow because as far as New York state is concerned a crossbow is a muzzle loader as you nee a muzzle loader tag to use it so they will be up schitz creek on that one. If it's not a muzzle loader then I should need an archery tag to use it not a muzzle loader tag

In the Sept. issue of NYON they mentioned that crossbows would not be allowed. But in the last issue I received they said it would be allowed.
So I stand corrected

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1402 on: Oct 18, 2020, 05:31 AM »

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Pequod1

« Reply #1403 on: Oct 18, 2020, 05:50 AM »
Just got an email from the NYS Snowmobile association. They are not happy with the dec trying to extend the season past Christmas.  Apparently, when you register the machine you also get a discount when you “join” a club.  That’s how they found me.  They had a form letter for us to sign and send to the dec.  The good news is the dummies said their were “ many” more letters written by hunters in favor of the extension.  I did what they said and sent an email to the dec. Too bad for them. It wasn’t exactly what they wanted  ;D ;D ;D. Also replied to the snowmobile association.  Basically told them they could eat snow.

reeleyz

« Reply #1404 on: Oct 18, 2020, 07:55 AM »
Just got an email from the NYS Snowmobile association. They are not happy with the dec trying to extend the season past Christmas.  Apparently, when you register the machine you also get a discount when you “join” a club.  That’s how they found me.  They had a form letter for us to sign and send to the dec.  The good news is the dummies said their were “ many” more letters written by hunters in favor of the extension.  I did what they said and sent an email to the dec. Too bad for them. It wasn’t exactly what they wanted  ;D ;D ;D. Also replied to the snowmobile association.  Basically told them they could eat snow.

Yeah I got the same email and I thought that might happen. I sent an email in support as well.

I really don't like to see a peeing match between these 2 groups though as I am part of both of them. I think the chances of rideable snow in most of the Southern Zone for the week of Christmas are low.

woodburn49

« Reply #1405 on: Oct 19, 2020, 06:56 AM »
I don't see the problem with snowmobiles and hunters getting along. Every year there are less hunters and probably less snowmobilers due to declining interest and population.Are there a number of cases of hunters shooting snowmobilers?

mcully

« Reply #1406 on: Oct 19, 2020, 07:13 AM »
It's not hunters shooting snowmobilers it's that many of the trails go over private land and if the private land owners want to hunt that week many won't allow the trails to open until after they are done using the land as they want. Can any of you trail riders say how many years you've had snow in the south that week lately? I know we get a good snow one in a while but seems to come and go in days.

Pequod1

« Reply #1407 on: Oct 19, 2020, 08:43 AM »
Exactly.  It seems we get an early snow and then it warms up and no good snowmobile snow until January.  Rochester has not had a white Christmas in a long time. 

Flukeman

« Reply #1408 on: Oct 19, 2020, 08:52 AM »
It does not really have to do with the amount of snow. It has to do with the trail creation and maintenance. Many farmers do not hunt down by me. But many of them lease out their property to hunters. They are concerned about having both groups on property at same time and liability issues insurance wise if someone was to get hurt. With the sue happy world we are these days, landowners have a right to be nervous. They are concerned because the whole thing is being dropped on them without the usual process and time-line. Now its last minute conversations with all parties involved and everyone stands to lose out because they are busy enough and don't want to be bothered with a hassle.

I do both, so it is a win - win for me, unless landowners say screw it and tell their leases they are done at regular time of year. And then tell snowmobiles forget it. Then we all lose out on something.

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #1409 on: Oct 26, 2020, 07:57 AM »
Anyone have any luck opening weekend of rifle season in the northern zone? I sat morning watch Saturday and Sunday but no deer spotted. Only heard about half dozen shots within half mile or so each morning. Things should start heating up this week. Snow in the forecast for Friday 😁
Nice job findin em

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.