FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Great Night Out  (Read 2940 times)

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
Great Night Out
« on: Jun 27, 2021, 11:32 AM »
Got out under the strawberry moon with a good friend for an awesome night on the salt. Despite the wind, currents, and big tide we put some nice fish over the side, most were bigger than the slot but 1 fell in range for dinner tonight.
It's around noon and I have yet to sleep but well worth it. I can't thank you enough for the great time Joe, but be warned you lit a fuse lol... I'm gonna be buggin ya to tag along again soon.

Roccus

Re: Great Night Out
« Reply #1 on: Jun 27, 2021, 04:59 PM »
Thanks Ray, long day for me as well, 25 hours long...The wind has been relentless since winter, it may have worked  to our advantage, bye driving off the other boats, some times you need to change tactics , stick and stay and make it pay..

zwiggles

« Reply #2 on: Jun 27, 2021, 05:01 PM »
 :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Awesome job gentleman!

Steve H.

« Reply #3 on: Jun 28, 2021, 07:52 AM »
Got out under the strawberry moon with a good friend for an awesome night on the salt. Despite the wind, currents, and big tide we put some nice fish over the side, most were bigger than the slot but 1 fell in range for dinner tonight.
It's around noon and I have yet to sleep but well worth it. I can't thank you enough for the great time Joe, but be warned you lit a fuse lol... I'm gonna be buggin ya to tag along again soon.

Great fish!  Were you out on Joppa?  If so, you may have spoken with my brother upon your return, as he described talking with someone having a story similar as yours.  I had set out with my nephew to hit the tail end of the outgoing and didn't do nearly as well.  Good to see that there's still some nice fish around.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #4 on: Jun 28, 2021, 09:31 AM »
Great fish!  Were you out on Joppa?  If so, you may have spoken with my brother upon your return, as he described talking with someone having a story similar as yours.  I had set out with my nephew to hit the tail end of the outgoing and didn't do nearly as well.  Good to see that there's still some nice fish around.

Wasn't us. We didn't see anyone at the slip, by the time we got in the winds had pushed most guys off the water.

Steve H.

« Reply #5 on: Jun 28, 2021, 11:13 AM »
We didn't see anyone at the slip

Ah, of course.  We were at Cashman.   ::)
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

Roccus

« Reply #6 on: Jun 28, 2021, 05:07 PM »
We spent a little time on Joppa the last of the drop and early in the rising tide ,crowds are not my thing( I dont fish weekends, I made an exception for a good friend while the fishing is still hot) and that place(joppa) has been infested with midgets.. and googans.
Let's say we fished the river and leave it at that..the river has been lights out For jumbo fish since memorial day., you just need to know where and when, (the when being the most important  part )to look.the water  is still very cold.. but live eels produce the biggest fish.

Steve H.

« Reply #7 on: Jun 29, 2021, 09:50 AM »
Thanks Joe.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #8 on: Jul 06, 2021, 02:54 PM »
Nice work fellas!

I agree, the wind will not give up.
Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #9 on: Jul 22, 2021, 08:20 AM »
Great work guys.  My lower unit toasted yesterday on my last day of paternity leave. Now looking at a 24fter...

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #10 on: Jul 23, 2021, 06:57 AM »
Great work guys.  My lower unit toasted yesterday on my last day of paternity leave. Now looking at a 24fter...

Ouch. Way to look at the bright side though.

lowaccord66

« Reply #11 on: Jul 29, 2021, 08:49 PM »
Ouch. Way to look at the bright side though.

...then I shot Joe a text.  I think I'm going to try to fix it...and add a saltwater craft.

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #12 on: Aug 02, 2021, 02:24 PM »
...then I shot Joe a text.  I think I'm going to try to fix it...and add a saltwater craft.

Nice! There have been some good ones for sale recently.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.