FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 513330 times)

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #2940 on: Jun 10, 2019, 05:40 PM »
Man....that would taste great with a wee dram of bourbon........

I have the bourbon!

Rg
:w00t: :thumbup_smilie:

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2941 on: Jun 11, 2019, 07:17 AM »
Well, I'm going to have to net another garden bed. Darned skunks keep digging for worms. I've tried the Repelsall stuff, but it keeps washing away. So, I'll lay down the plastic chicken netting.

It's always something.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

tomturkey

« Reply #2942 on: Jun 11, 2019, 12:49 PM »
I got a big surprise when I went to put some stuff on my leaf pile. I have a garden of sorts. I kicked a hole in the pile a long time ago to put some sprouting russet potatoes in it to rot. I have one potato plant about a foot tall.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2943 on: Jun 11, 2019, 04:36 PM »
Yeah...I've got a couple "volunteers" in my tomato bed. They're doing just great.

Nothing from my compost pile yet. Last year I got half a dozen pumpkins.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2944 on: Jun 16, 2019, 08:01 AM »
The first one was so good and went so fast my bride made me another one yesterday.....  I need to go get some more vanilla icecream today...     ;D

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

drowndin dots

« Reply #2945 on: Jun 16, 2019, 02:42 PM »

Well one good thing about his weather is not having to water...... anyhoo, Lisa’s hanging baskets with a humming bird feeder/ ant trap....

Her Hibiscus

Berry land

Speargu forest

And the beds, I totally regret not using fabric.....

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2946 on: Jun 16, 2019, 03:19 PM »
That just looks awesome loser.    :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2947 on: Jun 16, 2019, 05:28 PM »
Ed, I have a cure for the ants.

Got a small stainless steel cup from goodwill. Drilled a hole. Put a hook in and out and hung the hummingbird feeder from it. Fill the cup with water d no more ants. They can't swim.

I won't take credit for the solution. Saw it on YouTube.

Problem solved!
Rg

drowndin dots

« Reply #2948 on: Jun 16, 2019, 08:47 PM »
Ed, I have a cure for the ants.

Got a small stainless steel cup from goodwill. Drilled a hole. Put a hook in and out and hung the hummingbird feeder from it. Fill the cup with water d no more ants. They can't swim.

I won't take credit for the solution. Saw it on YouTube.

Problem solved!
Rg
wish I posted that sooner, we bought a similar solution online

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2949 on: Jun 17, 2019, 05:47 AM »
As long as it works👍

Just  heckled the gardens. I have little tiny pickles. I'm giving up on the strawberry bed. Gonna have to rethink that one. Time to put in some Brussels sprouts instead. Finished cutting off the garlic scapes this morning. Tips of the leaves are turning brown. I'd say another 3 weeks or so and I'll be pulling those for storage.

Made it through from last year with a few bulbs to spare. Amazing stuff that garlic.

The asparagus patch is going wild now. I'm still harvesting a few spears every day.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2950 on: Jun 17, 2019, 06:00 AM »
This is the worst my garden has ever been. Oh wait, what garden ? I have nothing planted yet except one box I planted  salad greens in.  :(
The collar bone is clicking again and when I go for xrays tomorrow morning I don't think its going to be good.....   :'(
But no matter what me and my not hippie bride are headed to Saratoga for the day and a Dead and Company show at SPAC.....    ;D

drowndin dots

« Reply #2951 on: Jun 17, 2019, 06:58 AM »
This is the worst my garden has ever been. Oh wait, what garden ? I have nothing planted yet except one box I planted  salad greens in.  :(
The collar bone is clicking again and when I go for xrays tomorrow morning I don't think its going to be good.....   :'(
But no matter what me and my not hippie bride are headed to Saratoga for the day and a Dead and Company show at SPAC.....    ;D
man I’m jealous.... not of your non existent garden, the dead show  ;)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2952 on: Jun 17, 2019, 05:00 PM »
My next door neighbor is a big dead head. Never thought they were all that entertaining myself.

But, enjoy!
Tomatoes, the lone zucchini plant asparagus forest and a couple pepper plants

The potato bed,  cukes and pickles  and a couple tomatoes to boot.

I grow some angry asparagus

Zucchini waiting to happen

Second radish crop with a few spinach plants

Mamas flower garden

The front planting. Nearly all perennial now

The garlic bed. Just finished cutting all the scapes off.

Love this time of year.

Rg

drowndin dots

« Reply #2953 on: Jun 18, 2019, 03:52 AM »
Looking great 👌

drowndin dots

« Reply #2954 on: Jun 18, 2019, 03:53 AM »
What's up with the marble machine?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor