FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Old favorites revisited.  (Read 15837 times)

Kully

Re: Old favorites revisited.
« Reply #15 on: Apr 16, 2008, 03:18 PM »
I tend to think the old spoons, like the good old red and white are still a sight for sore pike eyes.........in our lakes up here anways (Saskatchewan). 

I've found at my camp, that a Ruby eye (scarlet eye) or a fire tiger rappalla work the best. Not sure how old they would be or when they came out. It always seems when nothing seems to excite a good old pike, the good old standbys (usually rusted a little) come out from the bottom of the tackle box and seem to get some action.

Kully
Fish Hard NOW!! Die later......

troutaddict33

« Reply #16 on: Apr 16, 2008, 03:28 PM »
How about a Flat Fish?  They were hot back in the 50's.  I haven't seen one, save my own, in years.  Does anyone else still have or use them?

for pike, no clue. for lakers, OMG YES!! I rarely fish for pike but one remote resevoir near me is loaded with big pike and pickerel you can catch all day from shore if you're throwing a black 5o' diamonds.

slabspanker

• i love wood and wood products
« Reply #17 on: Apr 27, 2009, 09:17 AM »
Anyone use "Williams Wobblers"?

BIG WILLIAMS WABLERS TROLLED REAL SLOWWW. HELPED ME TAKE 2ND IN A TOURNAMENT...

husb0023

« Reply #18 on: Apr 28, 2009, 09:02 AM »
Spoons have caught me most of my biggest pike.  I jig them under the boat, cast them, tip them with a shiner.  They always produce fish.

slabspanker

• i love wood and wood products
« Reply #19 on: Apr 28, 2009, 09:31 AM »
How about a Flat Fish?  They were hot back in the 50's.  I haven't seen one, save my own, in years.  Does anyone else still have or use them?

use them often "KWIKFISH" for lakers on the niagara bar...

whale1979

« Reply #20 on: Jun 08, 2012, 12:14 AM »
a #17 lizard spoon is awesome also!

Jimmy

• "Fish Till Ya' Puke"
« Reply #21 on: Jun 08, 2012, 09:21 AM »
Grampa was a Dutchman, the tradition of pike fishing came with him from the old world.

That's awesome, mine too. 

I never got out to chase esox with him, but I know where my pike addiction comes from.  Finding my Grandfather's old metal tackle box in our barn as a kid was like discovering a museum.

I'd give anything to get some of those Creek Chubs and old balsa lures back that I used as a kid.
"Once in awhile you get shown the light...  In the strangest of places if you look at it right..."    -J. Garcia

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.