FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Northeast lakes  (Read 2148 times)

FishinDog

Northeast lakes
« on: Apr 18, 2004, 06:14 PM »
Fished a Kos. county lake today and was able to pull in twelve bass over 15" on watermelon worms and jerkbaits. Fish were from 2-8' of water and fairly aggressive. Also managed to pick up a few crappie on minnows, but didn't find any large schools. Anybody else out in the wind? How about you Roger, I was in your backyard...

Tightlines,
FishinDog...

Powerworm

• There's One!
Re: Northeast lakes
« Reply #1 on: Apr 19, 2004, 07:19 PM »
Fished Chapman Sunday for pike. Got two before the wind about sunk us. Fished the channels on the big lake. No, crappie but saw four bass pushing four pounds and some real nice gills. Didn't catch any big ones, but while we were looking at a big dogfish a three pound bass jumped out of the water and tried to eat a crappie grub that was hanging over the side of the boat. So where did you fish Fishindog?

FishinDog

« Reply #2 on: Apr 20, 2004, 08:03 AM »
I fished Silver lake. Spend most of my time on the Marshall county and Kos. county lakes. I used to spend most weekends on Palistine, but with the weekly bass tournaments on a 290 acre lake I have started to stay way. Any size to the pike powerworm? Fished Dewart in the fall and picked up a couple nice ones (30"+) but haven't been on Chapman for a couple of years.

Tightlines,
FishinDog...

Powerworm

• There's One!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 20, 2004, 05:12 PM »
No, not really the size I was looking for. The biggest went 26". We saw a couple others, but no real trophys.  ??? I guess we should have went to Dewart. We couldn't decide between the two until we left Red Horse. We fished Center on Saturday for pike and didn't see anything but swirls. I didn't realize there were bass tournaments on Palistine.  I grew up in Mentone, but now I live in Greenwood. I haven't fished Palistine (other than ice fishing) since last summer. I wanted to fish there Saturday for toothy critters, but the parking lot was a little too busy as always. Do you live on Silver? I got skunked out there this Febuary. I did see two guys jigging up some decent bass on the west side.

FishinDog

« Reply #4 on: Apr 20, 2004, 07:14 PM »
I live in Tippecanoe, not to far from the egg capitol of the midwest ;D  Started to fish Silver because four or five B.A.S.S chapters have decided to place Palistine on their rotation.  Of course none of the contestants obey the speed limit on lakes less than 300 acres....
Guess I am just grumpy about not finding a parking place...

FishinDog...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.