FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: virus  (Read 10681 times)

taxid

Re: virus
« Reply #45 on: Mar 12, 2020, 10:53 AM »
http://
Scientists were close to a coronavirus vaccine years ago. Then the money dried up.

Article by Dr Peter Hotez  I found interesting

I'd like to see a link to that article. I don't believe this new novel virus was out there "years ago."  Not saying you din't find found an article that says that, but I have serious doubts.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

zwiggles

« Reply #46 on: Mar 12, 2020, 11:15 AM »
Hard to know what's accurate coming out of an authoritarian state with state run media. I wouldn't trust any information to China as far as I could throw a house.

I see they said they brought the infection rate down to zero or something like that. I seriously doubt that.

Yeah the numbers coming out of Europe and more open countries are alarming. China clearly was not/is not being honest.

NateFishNY

« Reply #47 on: Mar 12, 2020, 11:34 AM »
Traveling might be tough right now however my local trips wont be affected. Staying away from crowds is what I'm good at so I don't feel concerned at all. Trout season is here for me. A couple of weeks on year round streams or trophy sections until the opener on April 1!

bbfrogger

« Reply #48 on: Mar 12, 2020, 03:00 PM »
World Health Organization official: 80 percent of coronavirus cases will involve mild symptoms:  "If you are coughing, if you have a fever, if you feel tired, and you think that you have been exposed to COVID-19, stay at home. We know that 80 percent of the people who are infected will have a mild disease that may go through — the person can go through the disease just by staying home and protecting others."

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #49 on: Mar 12, 2020, 03:06 PM »
I'd like to see a link to that article. I don't believe this new novel virus was out there "years ago."  Not saying you found an article that says that, but I have serious doubts.

It's on the internet....it has to be true.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

filetandrelease

« Reply #50 on: Mar 12, 2020, 04:28 PM »

The panic button has been pushed I guess
 Wegmans was out of TP , hand sanitizers
 , aerosol sprays , paper towels ,
 Was told BJs ran out in hour after opening ,
 And the media and politicians are fueling it , by criticizing but without any constructive criticism, so let’s try and create a panic
 Hopefully they come up with a vaccine to help the ones with weakened  immune systems 

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #51 on: Mar 12, 2020, 04:37 PM »
they have a  vaccine  it  has  to be  tested  and that  came  from  fox  and  cnn

the  reason it  was  easy  to  come  up with is the  fact is they  did  work on a  vaccine   prior  till funds ran out  for a  similar  corona virus  again that is  from our news  media not  the internet
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #52 on: Mar 12, 2020, 04:52 PM »
Bunch of crap from the networks that fueled the toilet paper panic.
Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Badbrad2186

« Reply #53 on: Mar 12, 2020, 05:30 PM »
Bunch of crap from the networks that fueled the toilet paper panic.
Rg

Stuff is shutting down all over the country and then in 2 or 3 weeks will be like it never happened like H1N1 and all the other viruses in last 10 years

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #54 on: Mar 12, 2020, 05:59 PM »
be here longer then that i  think  then the financial effects will last a  while too ......media  hype gee 350,000 infected  5000 dead  i  think it's  more then  toilet paper people have a  right to be  scared
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

2muchleft

« Reply #55 on: Mar 12, 2020, 06:07 PM »
Its been a problem with the lack of testing.  Sounds like that may change soon.  Lots of changes coming quickly with closings all across the board.  Hope we can say in a couple of months we just over reacted.  I'm early 60's and can honestly say I can't remember anything ramping up this fast.  Time will tell.   

Badbrad2186

« Reply #56 on: Mar 12, 2020, 06:13 PM »
Its been a problem with the lack of testing.  Sounds like that may change soon.  Lots of changes coming quickly with closings all across the board.  Hope we can say in a couple of months we just over reacted.  I'm early 60's and can honestly say I can't remember anything ramping up this fast.  Time will tell.

I personally think its China way of getting back at the tariffs Trump made but I wont bring politics into this. I'm still going to Florida for 10 days at the beginning of april just hope we can do the stuff we have planned for the kids

taxid

« Reply #57 on: Mar 12, 2020, 06:26 PM »
they have a  vaccine  it  has  to be  tested  and that  came  from  fox  and  cnn

the  reason it  was  easy  to  come  up with is the  fact is they  did  work on a  vaccine   prior  till funds ran out  for a  similar  corona virus  again that is  from our news  media not  the internet

Link please?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

reeleyz

« Reply #59 on: Mar 12, 2020, 08:23 PM »
As I was cutting today’s catch just now I got to thinking about what provisions I have to be self sufficient for a period of time.

Food, fuel, firewood and so on. Toilet paper does not even make my top 20.

That seems like the last thing I would be worried about?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.