FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Life time license  (Read 3859 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Life time license
« Reply #15 on: Aug 09, 2019, 03:03 AM »
I'll buy my lifetime hunting and fishing license in March when I turn 70. Of course they'll probably up it to 75 by the time I get there  :-\.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

filetandrelease

« Reply #16 on: Aug 09, 2019, 05:51 AM »

My grandson will be getting his for X-mas

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #17 on: Aug 09, 2019, 05:53 AM »
well it's not free you paid for it but it can be a good deal  Freddie great gift for the young man!!!!
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

filetandrelease

« Reply #18 on: Aug 09, 2019, 06:00 AM »
well it's not free you paid for it but it can be a good deal  Freddie great gift for the young man!!!!
He luvs to the outdoors ,

trapper2000

« Reply #19 on: Aug 09, 2019, 09:27 AM »
it's  in da  blood  fred  ..... ;D

greensider

« Reply #20 on: Aug 10, 2019, 05:27 AM »
It would cost me 1630 for a lifetime license with all i get every season

trapper2000

« Reply #21 on: Aug 10, 2019, 06:31 AM »
now  let me understand this  if  one gets a  lifetime  fishing license  and moves out of  state  he can still fish ny  correct   and  someone  else  said they  got their hunting license  from out of  state  and  paid  for  a resident????

my guestion is  if I  buy my child a  life  time fishing  ,they move  to another state they  can  come  back  fish  and  but (legally) a  resident hunting license????  that  don't seem  right

arcadeangler

« Reply #22 on: Aug 10, 2019, 07:53 AM »
Trap yes that is the case. I have my lifetime fish hunt fish combo ( the last time you got turkey and doe permit with it) and was told by Dec it is good no matter where you move to.

arcadeangler

« Reply #23 on: Aug 10, 2019, 07:55 AM »
I'm not sure about buying just a lifetime fishing license though and getting a resident hunting license if you live out of state

jperch

« Reply #24 on: Aug 10, 2019, 08:04 AM »
I'm not sure about buying just a lifetime fishing license though and getting a resident hunting license if you live out of state
Agreed, that would not make sense.  Maybe a glitch by the issuing agent.  If you buy a lifetime sportsman license then you can hunt in NY for life whether you are still a resident or not.  The state "makes out" on people who quit hunting early or never take up the sport.  It's a great gift for a young person.  Back when I purchased my lifetime sportsman it included free DMP permits, a great deal.

trapper2000

« Reply #25 on: Aug 10, 2019, 09:22 AM »
Agreed, that would not make sense.  Maybe a glitch by the issuing agent.  If you buy a lifetime sportsman license then you can hunt in NY for life whether you are still a resident or not.  The state "makes out" on people who quit hunting early or never take up the sport.  It's a great gift for a young person.  Back when I purchased my lifetime sportsman it included free DMP permits, a great deal.

nice   :thumbup_smilie:

camet5

« Reply #26 on: Aug 12, 2019, 04:57 PM »

I am not sure if the lifetime fishing gets you resident prices/privileges for hunting. But my lifetime sportsman does get me resident prices/privileges for DMP permits and any additional license I purchase even if I am not a resident of the state at that time.   

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
« Reply #27 on: Aug 12, 2019, 10:33 PM »
That is correct with the lifetime hunt/fish license if you move out of state you just need to update your address and they'll send it to your new address...after reading it on the DEC website I called the licensing bureau and the guy confirmed it.....don't get doe permits any more but do get turkey permit. They sent me a permanent lifetime fishing licenas so only get the hunting license in the mail....got mine after hitting 70....you do have to pay I think $65 for it though....without it You have to pay $5 for hunt and $5 for fishing each year and buy the turkey permit.
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.