FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: walleye/perch recipes  (Read 6074 times)

fishin4eyes

walleye/perch recipes
« on: Jul 03, 2007, 05:35 PM »
Wonderin what everyones favorite recipe is for the perch and eyes.

WindKnots

• Tie 'em and fly 'em.
Re: walleye/perch recipes
« Reply #1 on: Jul 04, 2007, 10:12 AM »
I have two:

First, I use EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) just a little to cover the bottom of a teflon pan.  I dip the fillets in a little flour with s&p, then egg or beaters, then italian breadcrumbs.  Lay down and fry both sides until golden brown.  It tastes great, has great flavor, and the oil is great to use health wise.  Problem is, I never have enough fish, it goes too fast- my kids devour it.

The other recipe is broiled cajun style.  Again, EVOO lightly in a caserole or baking dish, couple pats of butter for taste, salt/pepper, cajun seasoning, under the broiler.  It darkens the cajun, oh... man its good.
Run it wide open or not at all.

oswegatchieEd

« Reply #2 on: Jul 04, 2007, 10:17 AM »
i dust my fillets in goldendip fishfry mix or i dust them with flour that i have seasoned. don't make a batter just dust them in the mix. deep fry in oil with some bacon grease added until golden brown. some lemon, homemade tartar sauce and plenty of cold beer.

erieangler

• aka BIGFISH on the iceshaty
« Reply #3 on: Jul 04, 2007, 10:54 AM »
i have one for grill chunk your eyes in to one inches cubes wrap them in bacon and put  them on a skewer put them on grill med heat cook each side till almost done them put your favorite barbecue sauce cook till done    enjoy them with cold one :bowdown:  erieangler

perchwisher

• nice one!!!
« Reply #4 on: Jul 04, 2007, 11:47 AM »
POOR MANS LOBSTER!!!!

Take some heavy duty aluminum foil (long piece) place your filets in the middle of the foil.Add the following ingredients generously,

salt
pepper
garlic powder
onion powder
cajun seasoning if you have it

top those ingredients with breadcrumbs litely
then top the breadcrumbs with parmasan cheese (spaghetti cheese you know)generously.

2 sticks of butter if your making enough for the family, cut into pats place on top of seasoned fish seal foil into packet! place on grill for 20 minutes on high..(top grate,or hot dog rack whatever you guys call it).

Warning!!! you might not ever buy lobster again!!!!!!

Yum!

I reserve the rights to patient this receipe  hahahahaha!!!!!
JUST ONE LAST CAST!

the Wizard

« Reply #5 on: Jul 04, 2007, 12:08 PM »
 That one sounds good ! 

Try an indoor one:      Bachlor scampi   [ its quick and little mess]{ also called Crappy scampi}
   Line a cookie sheet w/ alum foil.   dip all your fillets in melted stick of butter,  place flat and tight together on foil,         Then sprinkle on garlic salt[  more or less to your taste]  cover with Italian style bread crumbs ;
    Place in oven set on broil for 4- 6 min pull out and cover with mozzarella cheese put back in oven for 1 min .
                                                           Enjoy.
Catch and release in a hot pan of grease.

ridgerunner

« Reply #6 on: Jul 04, 2007, 12:39 PM »
I prefer Shore Lunch to Golden Dip

oswegatchieEd

« Reply #7 on: Jul 04, 2007, 02:31 PM »
I prefer Shore Lunch to Golden Dip
is shore lunch the brand name? where do you find it?

ridgerunner

« Reply #8 on: Jul 04, 2007, 04:57 PM »
SHORE LUNCH IS THE BRAND NAME. DICKS SELL IT AND SO DOES GANDER MOUNTAIN.

fishin4eyes

« Reply #9 on: Jul 04, 2007, 10:32 PM »
All sounds good to me.If i could only get enough eyes for the family i might just get a taste of em.We usually put them in butter then dip in flour then deepfry.Comes out good.

Angola Fish

« Reply #10 on: Jul 05, 2007, 08:10 AM »
I have two:

First, I use EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) just a little to cover the bottom of a teflon pan.  I dip the fillets in a little flour with s&p, then egg or beaters, then italian breadcrumbs.  Lay down and fry both sides until golden brown.  It tastes great, has great flavor, and the oil is great to use health wise.  Problem is, I never have enough fish, it goes too fast- my kids devour it.

The other recipe is broiled cajun style.  Again, EVOO lightly in a caserole or baking dish, couple pats of butter for taste, salt/pepper, cajun seasoning, under the broiler.  It darkens the cajun, oh... man its good.
I also use olive oil to deep fry my fish.  Except I use regular olive oil (as opposed to EVOO) which has a higher heat range and all the same health benefits.  EVOO will start to smoke around 360 +/- 10 degrees (depending on mfg.) and the regular olive oil will start to smoke at about 400 degrees.
My fish are all the same size - bite size

WindKnots

• Tie 'em and fly 'em.
« Reply #11 on: Jul 05, 2007, 11:27 AM »
Angola, good point.  I use it as its around, but dont really fry in a pool of oil.  Just enough to lightly coat the bottom of the pan.  If it gets absorbed, I just add a little more.

It browns really well, and better than using butter for some of us. ;D
Run it wide open or not at all.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.