FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sandy Pond Perch  (Read 2077 times)

gcempa1

Sandy Pond Perch
« on: Sep 19, 2020, 11:36 AM »
Hi everyone, long time lurker.  I'm spending a week on North Sandy Pond.  Any perch tips?  What about perch on the big lake.  I know the channel is very low.  I should be able to get through with my boat, (Alumacraft 16 ft semi-v).  I know about picking my days on Ontario.  Any idea on perch depths?                 

taxid

Re: Sandy Pond Perch
« Reply #1 on: Sep 19, 2020, 12:27 PM »
I don't fish Sandy Pond but I've always found yellow perch close to the bottom which makes them easier to find than other species.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #2 on: Sep 19, 2020, 02:38 PM »
Hi everyone, long time lurker.  I'm spending a week on North Sandy Pond.  Any perch tips?  What about perch on the big lake.  I know the channel is very low.  I should be able to get through with my boat, (Alumacraft 16 ft semi-v).  I know about picking my days on Ontario.  Any idea on perch depths?                 

i havn't been on the pond in awhile ......you poke around and you'll find  fish i'msure if not perch bass  pike  gills are all right there  good luck  i'd probablly  start my search off sebers shores  but the pond is known for having to weed out small fish
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
« Reply #3 on: Sep 19, 2020, 04:31 PM »
Yea what trapp said
John
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

SeanP

• Formally known as SPN
« Reply #4 on: Sep 20, 2020, 07:41 PM »
Trapp is spot on.....if you can find outside weed edge towards a little deeper water.....could (potentially) separate yourself from the real dinks.....

SeanP

gcempa1

« Reply #5 on: Sep 25, 2020, 06:43 PM »
I thought I would provide a quick update on the fishing.  Perch and blue gills on fathead minnows, drifting outside of the weed beds, west of the rock pile and south of carl island were the best two spots but very spotty results, mostly status seekers (dinks) with a few decent ones mixed in.   Caught one decent bass on a crankbait and a few pike on spinner baits.  One decent pike of about 28"  the others were hammer handles.  Also one pickeral.

bogtrotter

« Reply #6 on: Sep 25, 2020, 09:02 PM »
Congratulations - - sounds like a good "mixed species" bag.

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #7 on: Sep 26, 2020, 04:10 PM »
Yo Guys & Gals

A little heads up for those of you accessing the Pond from the State boat launch at Stanly Drive

Due to low water condition one might want to back on deeper than usual.
 That would be a mistake.
 There is a sharp 2 foot drop off at the end of the concrete ramp. Back up too far and you might be leaving the axle to your boat trailer in the water
 Just sayin. :nono: :nono: :nono:

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #8 on: Sep 26, 2020, 04:13 PM »
Yo Guys & Gals

A little heads up for those of you accessing the Pond from the State npat launch at Stanly Drive

Due to low water condition one might want to back on deeper than usual.
 That would be a mistake.
 There is a sharp 2 foot drop off at the end of the concrete ramp. Back up too far and you might be leaving the axle to your boat trailer in the water
 Just sayin. :nono: :nono: :nono:
You are of course not speaking from personal experience my friend :-\

gcempa1

« Reply #9 on: Sep 26, 2020, 07:09 PM »
I noticed where the ramp ends and drops off before I launched.  It's nice having a light, semi-v that I can winch up onto the trailer.

jboggey

• Too Old To Be Good
« Reply #10 on: Sep 26, 2020, 10:02 PM »
Yo Eddy,

As a matter of fact, yes. While I didn't leave my axle sitting at the bottom of the ramp, I do recall such an incident about 10 years ago at the Stop 28 ramp in Fulton. Not a very pleasant sight..just sayin, forewarned is...........

Yo John
Drop old Boggey a PM buddy.

gcempa1

« Reply #11 on: Sep 28, 2020, 08:06 PM »
I'll be back up on the pond when there is ice.  My son lives in Pulaski and we have access off Seeber Shores.  He wants to spend time ice fishing when he isn't out on his snowmobile or skiing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.