FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Water Wolf's Outings  (Read 2291 times)

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
Water Wolf's Outings
« on: Aug 08, 2005, 02:12 AM »
  I manged to do some afternoon / evening fishing this Sunday and had pretty good luck. The walleye were aggressive and by the end of the day I landed 5. The walleye averaged from 15 to 17 inches, but the big one of the day came last, it was 19 inches not quite enough for an upgrade but fun none the less. I also had 3 nibbles during the time on the water. One must have been a pike for it shortened the Berkly power worm of 6 inches to 2.5 inches. I did catch one of the walleye on the 6 inch worm before it was destroyed. The others came on bottom bouncers and spinner rigs. All but the last walleye were released back to the lake. As I was leaving the wind started to pick up and I could see lighting in the distance so it was a good time to go.

Here is a photo of the big one of the day at 19 inches. :) 

WW

buzzbomb

Re: Water Wolf's Outings
« Reply #1 on: Aug 08, 2005, 06:49 AM »
Good for you, fish for supper!  I think you could put this pic in the crazy hat thread too if you wanted! ;D

Deposit

« Reply #2 on: Aug 08, 2005, 07:15 AM »
Nice eye with the sunset backdrop!! (um dude I think your fly is open  :-[ )

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #3 on: Aug 08, 2005, 08:02 AM »
perfect eaters...and dont forget the cheeks

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
  • I still got my eye on you guys...
« Reply #4 on: Aug 08, 2005, 08:40 AM »
Great picture water wolf. Close your fly for sure....We don't want to see your secret trolling lure ;D
Nice sunset.

Water Wolf

« Reply #5 on: Aug 08, 2005, 02:03 PM »
LOL, good advice guys, the zipper was closes, just kind of looks that way in the photos. Yeah that guy will be a good eater for supper tonight. Buzzbomb, I have 2 hats that are a bit wilder than this I will have to show you in the hat contest. ;)

WW

Water Wolf

« Reply #6 on: Sep 06, 2005, 01:02 AM »
I tried my hand at some fishing again, Sunday, Sept, 4th. The weather was perfect, nice and warm with just a mild breeze, great day to be on the water. The fish were nice and relaxed too. I did manage to find a few though. One walleye on the 2.5lbs mark and a chunky 19 inch Northern pike. Both fish were caught while trolling in 10 feet of water, the walleye on a bottom bouncer and spinner rig and the pike on a Bomber Long A, in black and white. I did not get a photo of the walleye but manged one of the pike.

LOL, I did have to blink right in the middle of the snap, ::)

Both the walleye and the pike were returned to fight another day. :flex:

WW

Water Wolf

« Reply #7 on: Oct 11, 2005, 01:28 AM »
Hi all I though I would try to get a fish or two for Thanksgiving, in the end I managed 6.
What a great day for fishing, the water was calm as a bath tub, the sky was partly cloudy, it was a balmy +13 deg C and there were ducks, geese, and grebes to watch. The fish were located in and around weed cover. I would have though that the turnover would have killed the weeds by now, but the stuff I brough up was green and healthy. The fish fell for numerous rattling crankbaits, in 10 to 15 feet of water. In my partner and I landed 5 northern pike and one walleye, only 2 pike were kept, the rest were released to fight another day, one of the pike I released had it's entire left gill cover ripped off. I could actually see it's gill. This must have been an old injury early on in life as the wound had completely healed, some unknown predator tried to make a meal of it and came close.
As the sun began to set the easter shore line was bathed in a brilliant, yellow orange, and then pinks and finally purple.
I left the lake with the sounds of geese and the call of a loon echoing across the lake. :)
(sorry no photos today, I forgot the camera at home)

WW

pondpro

« Reply #8 on: Feb 25, 2006, 01:35 PM »
good job
Tommy G.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.