FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Show where you work  (Read 18586 times)

fozsey

Re: Show where you work
« Reply #15 on: Jul 11, 2004, 10:14 AM »
Here's some pics of where I work  >:(

Notice the new drive-in window  :o

Bobman....

What happened besides the obvious? Please explain.

Bobman

• Whoa momma!!!
« Reply #16 on: Jul 12, 2004, 08:15 AM »
Cool pics Steve!  Keep up the good work, we're behind you guys 110%

Bobman....

What happened besides the obvious? Please explain. This intirgues me...

Here's the story of the crash at the office.  Our office building is on the corner of a very dangerous intersection in downtown Buffalo.  This corner averages about one serious crash per month, fortunately no one has been killed yet but the ambulances are frequent visitors.  In fact, last week we had a crash in the morning involving two of the Buffalo Sabres and a public school teacher, followed in the afternoon by an SUV rollover crash. 

Anyway, the office that had the truck crash through it is 2 offices down the hall from mine.  The woman who's office it was wasn't seriously hurt, just a sprained ankle.  Luckily she wasn't sitting at her desk when the truck came through the wall because as you can see from the pictures she would have gotten in the way of the concrete that the truck busted up.  She happened to be on the phone, standing and looking out the window when she saw the truck coming right for her.  She ducked into the corner of her office behind a steel support post and all the debris went right past her.  She hurt her ankle scrambling over the rubble to get out of her office.  The truck was trying to avoid T-boning a little car that cut him off (making a left turn from the middle lane in front of him) and couldn't stop in time before hitting the building.  He was fine and the building took more damage than the truck.  The truck was backed out of the building an driven to the repair shop.  The truck was actually from a company that provides rides for handicapped and wheelchair bound people.  Thankfully they didn't have any passengers at the time of the crash.  Funny thing is that this is the second time a vehicle has come through the wall at that point.  After the first time (before I was working there) they put a bunch of boulders, concrete planters and planted trees around that corner to try to stop vehicles from hitting the building, but this truck went through the only possible spot it could fit and at the exact angle to clear the barriers and get to the building.  He had about 2" clearance on either side of the truck at best.  Since I've been here (about 6 years) the barriers have stopped three crashes from reaching the building (like I said it's an exciting intersection).

A lot of money is tainted, t'ain't mine and t'ain't yours!

HIMO

• MFF Mod Team
  • Goatboy's- Wisconsin chapter "1st Wisconsin goat"
« Reply #17 on: Jul 12, 2004, 08:22 AM »
I work for a maker of mining equipment here in Milwaukee.( Bucyrus- Erie). We make mining shovels and blast hole drills. Click on the link below to see a picture of one of our blast hole drills. notice the guy up on top. that will give you an idea of the machines size.

HIMO

"IT'S NOT HOW DEEP YOU FISH, IT'S HOW YOU WIGGLE YOUR WORM" !!!

fozsey

« Reply #18 on: Jul 12, 2004, 09:27 AM »
Cool pics Steve!  Keep up the good work, we're behind you guys 110%

Bobman....

What happened besides the obvious? Please explain. This intirgues me...

Here's the story of the crash at the office.  Our office building is on the corner of a very dangerous intersection in downtown Buffalo.  This corner averages about one serious crash per month, fortunately no one has been killed yet but the ambulances are frequent visitors.  In fact, last week we had a crash in the morning involving two of the Buffalo Sabres and a public school teacher, followed in the afternoon by an SUV rollover crash. 

Anyway, the office that had the truck crash through it is 2 offices down the hall from mine.  The woman who's office it was wasn't seriously hurt, just a sprained ankle.  Luckily she wasn't sitting at her desk when the truck came through the wall because as you can see from the pictures she would have gotten in the way of the concrete that the truck busted up.  She happened to be on the phone, standing and looking out the window when she saw the truck coming right for her.  She ducked into the corner of her office behind a steel support post and all the debris went right past her.  She hurt her ankle scrambling over the rubble to get out of her office.  The truck was trying to avoid T-boning a little car that cut him off (making a left turn from the middle lane in front of him) and couldn't stop in time before hitting the building.  He was fine and the building took more damage than the truck.  The truck was backed out of the building an driven to the repair shop.  The truck was actually from a company that provides rides for handicapped and wheelchair bound people.  Thankfully they didn't have any passengers at the time of the crash.  Funny thing is that this is the second time a vehicle has come through the wall at that point.  After the first time (before I was working there) they put a bunch of boulders, concrete planters and planted trees around that corner to try to stop vehicles from hitting the building, but this truck went through the only possible spot it could fit and at the exact angle to clear the barriers and get to the building.  He had about 2" clearance on either side of the truck at best.  Since I've been here (about 6 years) the barriers have stopped three crashes from reaching the building (like I said it's an exciting intersection).

Thanks,

I am glad no one was seriously injured. Cities are a little slow sometimes to admit that a system that they designed, promoted and ultimately put into place is flawed. Especially when it comes to traffic. Its kind of funny that it takes them what seems like months to come up with a plan and years reviewing the after effects to finally take corrective action. They hire consultants to do major research projects on a traffic situation like the one near your office and when the ink is finally dry on the paper the fatality rate may be a mere .001% or one tenth of one percent based on the volume of traffic moving through. Their conclusions are more business motivated sometimes and they determine that killing off less than one percent of the population is perfectly acceptable and requires no immediate correction.

I sincerely hope that this series of accidents gets the attention that it needs.

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #19 on: Jul 18, 2004, 12:13 PM »
These are were I used to work, good ol' uncle sam.
Some tracs along the road side.

A few of a sleath doing a touch and go.

Got a few more of the rifle range and the N.T.A. (Northern training area) on the Okanawan Island but they may not be right to show alittle personal I think.
Semper Fi
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

Deposit

« Reply #20 on: Jul 18, 2004, 02:08 PM »
Cider,
    What do you research in your lab? I work in a lab as well for the New York State Dept of Health. My associats and I develope molecular genetic test to screen newborn for nasty diseases. I use to have pictures of the place but I can't find them.

Cider

« Reply #21 on: Jul 29, 2004, 03:58 PM »
I work at a Medical School doing vaccine research and development of various pathogenic bacteria/fungi for the department of Microbiology.

vancouvercanuck

« Reply #22 on: Jul 29, 2004, 04:08 PM »
I work at a Medical School doing vaccine research and development of various pathogenic bacteria/fungi for the department of Microbiology.

You actually clean up quite well don't you? :P :P
"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

vancouvercanuck

« Reply #23 on: Jul 29, 2004, 04:15 PM »
There must be more pictures?

Someone here must work at one of these places?

"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

fastribs85

« Reply #24 on: Aug 01, 2004, 10:16 PM »
hey steve way to go awsome pics landing on sand had to be cool and bobman can i get a number 5 super sized with a coke
575 pull around to the first window ok no problem
naked women and beer we got it all in here

Bobman

• Whoa momma!!!
« Reply #25 on: Aug 06, 2004, 07:49 AM »
...bobman can i get a number 5 super sized with a coke 575 pull around to the first window ok no problem

Yeah, it was pull around to the first window, not pull through! Doah!
A lot of money is tainted, t'ain't mine and t'ain't yours!

freshfish

« Reply #26 on: Jul 02, 2008, 11:39 AM »
I have started working out of my basement. I get to stare at all the golfers walking by now all day. >:( >:( Really puts a damper on the working. ;)

Here's my office:

Here is the view out my two windows.

It could be worse, I could be staring at people fishing on a lake all day!!.

Let's see where you all work.
I'd post but I work at a topless club.

miket.

• hard core
« Reply #27 on: Jul 02, 2008, 04:09 PM »
holy s**t bobman, ouch !
hard core fanatic!

miket.

• hard core
« Reply #28 on: Jul 02, 2008, 04:11 PM »
awsome pics usmc  130fe.
hard core fanatic!

pooley

• Never Forget!!!!
« Reply #29 on: Jul 02, 2008, 04:51 PM »

take a kid fishing!official b-breaker of N.Y.R.C.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.