FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Morels???  (Read 5266 times)

bellmontwrestling

Morels???
« on: Apr 17, 2004, 10:51 PM »
I know this is a fishing site, but is anyone finding any morels out there yet?  I looked around my property today and didn't find any.  It is very dry up here.  If you are finding some or have heard of someone who has, please leave details about the find.  Especially where you are from.  Thanks

Copper1

Re: Morels???
« Reply #1 on: Apr 18, 2004, 08:14 AM »
Its way to dry here in NW indiana. I have been looking hard for the last few days and nothing. Need some rain and then watch out.

ChapstickCharlie

« Reply #2 on: Apr 18, 2004, 03:18 PM »
I think this is a great Thread! Some of the best fishing comes right when I am trying to hunt those delicious rascals. Here in northwest Indiana it is too dry yet. I went to Morgan Monroe last week to look and it was too dry there too. So now we watch the weather channel. I bet the average fisherman who does not know about morels would go nuts chasing them if they only knew. What a great combination. And you don't need a license, tee time, $400 vex, or have to wait in line to hunt them. We should chat this up.

reubenpa

« Reply #3 on: Apr 18, 2004, 03:25 PM »
OK you have me REALLY REALY curious, and I as a cat... might get killed..... WHAT IS A MOREL???????   I am a dumb one so if it is a joke then I fell for it.... I fall for a lot so that is not new... I just want to know... 
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

bellmontwrestling

« Reply #4 on: Apr 18, 2004, 07:12 PM »
A morel is a tasty wild mushroom that is found in the woods this time of the year.  They are delicious.  You can buy them at the grocery for a steep price.  I don't know how to post pictures or I would show you what one looks like. 

Keep chatting this subject up guys.  I am really getting the itch to find some.  We need RAIN RAIN RAIN!!!

reubenpa

« Reply #5 on: Apr 19, 2004, 05:06 PM »
ah ok
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

ChapstickCharlie

« Reply #6 on: Apr 19, 2004, 07:30 PM »
   A morel has the taste of fillet mignon. A morel, which only appears for a few short weeks every spring sells for $45 a pound fresh on the average year. A morel hunt is a cross between an adult Easter egg hunt and a hunt for Leprechauns. They are deceptive little buggers who disappear on the canvas of the forest floor. Catching a live morel is akin to finding a Petoskey stone, magic in a mushroom. Sautee them in butter and pan fry, you will have a meal appetizer that will never be forgotten. But they are wiley, hard to spot. When you spot one (a scout no doubt) look around, there will be more. Only served fresh in the finest of restaurants. Type 'morel hunting' up on Google, and you will be pleasantly surprised. Have fun, If you want to know more, just buzz me.

High Tide

« Reply #7 on: Apr 19, 2004, 08:58 PM »
I'm getting hungry!!!!

livin4ice

« Reply #8 on: Apr 19, 2004, 10:25 PM »
I went out for a while this weekend.  Didn't find anything, not even the small blacks.  It is waaaayyy to dry here (Wabash County) for anything to pop up.  Hopefully we get some of the rain they are talking about.  IF IT RAINS, THEY WILL COME!!!  ;D  ;D  ;D  Did hear that they were finding some down by Linton.

river scum

• fishin is livin
« Reply #9 on: Apr 20, 2004, 08:36 AM »
yup too dry in allen county also. its goin to rain today! wooooooohooooo!

livin4ice

« Reply #10 on: Apr 20, 2004, 05:12 PM »
Been raining on and off all afternoon..... C'mon rain  ;D ;D ;D

Semper Fi

« Reply #11 on: Apr 20, 2004, 07:25 PM »
Next to ice fishing I like morel hunting best!!!! Try this url. It has the most and up to date sightings by state that I have found.

http://www.morelmania.com/

Semper Fi
I worked all my life and retired to hunt and fish. What a good investment!!

bellmontwrestling

« Reply #12 on: Apr 21, 2004, 12:34 PM »
Pop, pop, pop, pop, can you hear it?  It just finished raining here and you can almost hear them popping up.  It is really hard sitting here in my classroom knowing that I need to be out in the woods.  That's it, I am sending my kids home early!  LOL

Mr.Vertical

• Beware Walleye....
« Reply #13 on: Apr 21, 2004, 09:10 PM »
We're gettin the blacks here in Wayne County,but the walleyes are more fun,you think mushrooms are hard to find,them walleye are no easy task,but they are up here in Hagerstown :o

ChapstickCharlie

« Reply #14 on: Apr 21, 2004, 09:35 PM »
Boy I would hate to have to choose between morel hunting and ice fishing. Tough call. I went out to a small spot this afternoon after yesterdays' rain but didn't find any. Are they ever gonna get here. Hey Swedish Pimple, maybe we could do a morel hunting outing like the ice fishing outing? Now that is food for thought. What does everybody think?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.