FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Stripers  (Read 1875 times)

fish wayniac

Stripers
« on: Jun 09, 2018, 02:37 PM »
Fished the incoming tide this morning. We couldn’t find the mackerel. I did jig 4 pollack up at the same time. I got 1 striper on a live pollack and 3 more throwing lures. Sean got the biggest at 26”. No keepers but still a good tug.

seamonkey84

Re: Stripers
« Reply #1 on: Jun 09, 2018, 02:47 PM »
Keepers or not, those are some healthy looking fish, bet they put up nice fights.  I need to hit the salt this year.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

fish wayniac

« Reply #2 on: Jun 09, 2018, 02:53 PM »
Keepers or not, those are some healthy looking fish, bet they put up nice fights.  I need to hit the salt this year.
Chi, When the bait stopped biting I took of the sabiki and put on a mac pattern on the jig rod. So yes three stripers put up a good fight on the lighter rod. 😁

taxid

« Reply #3 on: Jun 09, 2018, 04:28 PM »
I have fond memories as a kid on camping trips of catching pollock and flounder off a bridge in Ogunquit Maine.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

caught_the_fever

« Reply #4 on: Jun 11, 2018, 12:13 PM »
Nicely done!   Been a fun year so far. 

franklin fisher

« Reply #5 on: Jun 11, 2018, 05:28 PM »
  Keep at it.  I'm sure you will get a keeper.

Tmuskie

« Reply #6 on: Jun 11, 2018, 05:32 PM »
Save some for me. I'll be in Maine for the 4th of July week. Love it up there. Been going for over 15 years.

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #7 on: Jun 11, 2018, 06:12 PM »
Nice stripers, Wayne.  That rocky shore treats you well 8)

Swampking89

« Reply #8 on: Jun 12, 2018, 03:47 PM »
Do the schoolies hang around a while?my grandkids would have a blast with them!!heading up to Wells July 4th week.do I need a license to help them out?thanks !!

fish wayniac

« Reply #9 on: Jun 12, 2018, 08:09 PM »
Do the schoolies hang around a while?my grandkids would have a blast with them!!heading up to Wells July 4th week.do I need a license to help them out?thanks !!
There should be stripers around in Wells. You could surf cast from the beach. To get the grand kids on fish you could fish from the jetty or a pier. You could at least catch mackerel if the stripers are not biting. Do a google search of a tackle shop in that area. They will help you out. When I buy my Resident maine fishing license they ask if you will fish salt water. Yes , gets you registered no extra cost. If you don’t buy a license I think you can go online and register for $2. ???

Swampking89

« Reply #10 on: Jun 13, 2018, 03:39 PM »
Thanks FW!!what size lures do you use?i have spoons ranging from around a 1/4ounce to up to 3/4ounce and jigs from panfish size to walleye size,thanks for the info!! I owe you a cold one!!

Turnbuckle

« Reply #11 on: Jun 14, 2018, 06:32 AM »
Nice ones.
At the mouth of the river at Sebago in the Spring, it's East to West unless you want a beating from the rest! ;D ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.